Brave Heart is an Alan Buchanan designed Brabant 30ft built in 1966. She is built in Corten Steel to a fine hull form with counter stern and traditional keel. Below deck she is pretty much all original and in very nice condition for her age. 5 berths in total and separate heads. Powered by a Kubota 17hp marine diesel engine. A lovely Classic yacht with a steel hull.
Hull, Deck & Keel
Steel pulpit, pushpit and stanchion posts with double guard wires secure a nice wide and easily navigated side deck.
- Hull - Corton Steel, painted pale blue Part 1 registered name Braveheart.
- Deck - sheathed marine ply, painted grey.
- Superstructure is varnished mahogany.
- Full traditional keel with transom hung rudder and tiller steering.
- Avon inflatable dinghy.
- Single bow roller.
- Simpson & Lawrence manual anchor windlass.
- Danforth anchor with chain.
- 4 x mooring cleats with fairleads.
- Samson post.
- Mooring warps.
- 2 x sheet winches.
- 1 x halyard winch.
- winch handles.
- Vintage Sailor R108 short and long wave radio receiver.
- Magnetic compass.
Interior & Accommodation
5 berths in total with a lovely classic timber fitout.
- The interior cabinetry is solid wood finished in varnish.
- Cream vinyl upholstery.
V berth with opening deck hatch.
Separate heads compartment to port between the foreward cabin and saloon.
- Simpson & Lawrence manual marine flushing toilet.
- Pull out wash hand basin with manual cold water system.
- Hanging locker and shelves opposite.
The saloon has port and starboard settee berths and a double leaf folding table on a swing arm. Both berths are wide and have trotter boxes. There is good storage with lockers, drawers and shelves throughout the saloon.
- 6ft headroom.
The navigation station is to starboard forward in the saloon and the settee berth lends seating.
The L shaped galley is to port aft.
- 2 x burner gas cooker with oven and grill.
- Stainless steel sink with manual cold water system. Storage in lockers, drawers and purpose built units for plates etc.
There is a spacious quarter berth aft to starboard.
Machinery & Propulsion
Powered by a Hydro Marine Kubota 17hp 2 cylinder inboard marine diesel engine with shaft drive to a 3 blade fixed prop.
- Fresh water cooled via heat exchanger.
- Comprehensively overhauled Sept 2019.
- Gearbox refurbished Oct 2019.
- Last full service Oct 2019.
Rig & Sails
- Cutter rigged.
- Spruce spars by Stebbing of Burnham-on-Crouch.
- Stainless steel standing rigging.
- Nicholson Hughs mainsail, 2006.
- Spare mainsail.
- No.2 Genoa.
- No.1 Staysail.
- No.2 Staysail.
- 12v electical system.
Plumbing & Tankage
- Steel water tank under the cabin floor.
- Steel fuel tank under the aft deck.
- Blue sprayhood.
- Fawn dodgers.
Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new ownerâ€™s specific needs.
- Manual bilge pump.
- 2 x lifebelts.
- Navigation lights.
A wonderfully sea kindly little ship. Heavy or light weather she took it in her stride. From all over the Western Isles to the North Sea, Baltic and the Norwegian coast. We sell her with enormous regret.
The only known defects are the crew - they are in their nineties!
Let her sail she knows it all!
Unfortunately a 360 tour is not available for this listing.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner's specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.
Tel: +44 (0) 1436 821606
GB, G84 8LH
The above illustrations are not contractually binding. The financial information contained herein is for information purposes only (by way of example) and may be subject to change by the provider, General Yachting and Leisure Finance Limited. Michael Schmidt & Partner Limited is a Introducing Broker not a Lender and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Terms and conditions apply. Any loans will be subject to a customer approval, a satisfactory affordability assessment and a good credit history. A security will be placed over your boat in the form of a mortgage. Your boat may therefore be at risk if you do not keep up the repayments on your loan.