The Hallberg-Rassy 53 was built between 1992 and 2006 with 88 produced. This Hallberg Rassy 53 for sale is number 67 of the run.
'Infinity' has a graceful elegance offering lots of comfortable living space and plenty of capacity for carrying cruising equipment. Her moderate displacement is in line with the yacht's strong construction and high level of equipment carried on board. Sail area is generous, and coupled with the excellent stability gained from the 53Â´s special bulb keel, she performs well, even in light winds.
The Hallberg-Rassy 53 is a genuine go-anywhere boat which could be lived on for extended periods of time permanently. With these purposes in mind, she is a difficult boat to beat.
Hull, Deck & Keel
Construction of Hull
- Hand lay-up with woven rovings, isophtalic polyester and NGA-gelcoat.
- There is a decorative blue stripe in gelcoat.
- Blue double water line.
- Built-in longitudinal and athwartships stringers.
- Rubbing strake with stainless steel strip situated below the blue stripe.
Construction of Deck
- White GRP-sandwich construction, 35 mm thick for strength and insulation.
- Blue decorative stripe around the cockpit.
- Hull and deck completely joined by overlapping GRP-laminate.
- Deck, coach roof, handrails and seats are all solid teak.
- 15 windows, 14 of them opening, 5 skylights and 6 Dorade vents.
- The deck is provided with scuppers which drain under the waterline thereby keeping the hull clean.
- Lead keel bolted on with 17 stainless steel keel bolts.
- Rudder in GRP, rudder shaft 80 mm stainless steel. Heavy cast bronze rudder fittings.
- Hallberg-Rassy hard top covering the forward half of the cockpit. The hard top is of GRP construction with aluminium framed windows. The forward central window can be opened to aid ventilation.
- High gloss teak chart tables under the hard top, high gloss teak wash boards and surrounds, high gloss teak cockpit table and binnacle top. Hallberg-Rassy made removable cup holder for binnacle.
- Stainless steel steering wheel with wheel brake. The wheel has recently been re-leathered.
- Lewmar genoa tracks and cars. RCB type with control lines and jammers mounted on the cockpit side.
- Lewmar mainsheet track, RCB car with control lines and jammers mounted aft of wheel.
- 2 x Lewmar 66ST powered primary winches (24V)
- 2 x Lewmar 48ST powered mainsheet winches (24V)
- Stainless steel push pits and pulpits with continuous upper and lower stainless steel guard rail wires.
- Guardrail gates port, starboard and aft.
- Port and starboard bow nav lights fitted to pulpit and white stern light mounted on the push pit.
- Stem head with two bow rollers.
- 1,500w, 24v vertical electrical anchor windlass with motor situated under deck for protection.
- Foot switches mounted in the deck to starboard and up/down buttons at the helm
- Hawse pipe feeds anchor chain into dedicated chain locker in the bow, this is accessed via the deck hatch.
- CQR main anchor stored over the starboard bow roller.
- Aluminium Fortress kedge anchor stored in the lazarrette.
- Stainless steel aerial tower on starboard quarter. The tower also incorporates an outboard motor engine lift.
- Stainless steel transom mounted bathing ladder.
- Teak laid decks on side decks, coach roof, hard top roof and cockpit.
Self-draining cockpit via drain pipes and hull valves in the engine space. Cockpit floor covered by teak grating.
Large drained locker for anchor chain and space also for fenders and warps.
Gas locker outboard of the cockpit on the starboard side with storage for 2 gas bottles.
Large lazarette locker which runs the full width of the boat across the transom. Access is through 2 large hatches, one to port and one to starboard. This arrangement allows storage for fenders, warps, lines, emergency tiller and bowsprit with room to spare.
Large cockpit locker.
Mooring cleats 40 cm forward and aft. 30 cm amidships
- Single lever engine control, compass, engine instrument panel and space for instruments near the helmsman in the pedestal.
Stainless steel emergency tiller
Stainless steel removable bow sprit to fly cruising chute
Life raft cradle mounted to the hatch garage with hydrostatic release.
Interior & Accommodation
Interior woodwork in hand-selected mahogany, sanded and treated to a silk smooth finish. The floor is of teak with holly inlays, varnished.
White ceiling accentuated with fore and aft mahogany inlays. All lockers are equipped with louvered doors. Inside of the hull has mahogany lining.
Cushions in the sleeping cabins are a foam construction with fully sprung mattresses and the saloon cushions are 13 cm polyester foam covered with high class furniture Alcantara.
Custom logoed bedding by Nauteriors, curtains, black out blinds in sleeping cabins.
- L Shaped sofa to starboard with lee cloth and mattress for passage sailing
- Two club chairs to port
- Saloon Table and Chart Table (Headroom 2.04m)
- Upholstery in nautical blue with yellow piping.
Seagoing galley with Corian worktops fitted with fiddles.
ENO Gimballed gas cooker.
Pressure water, hot and cold.
Two well insulated fridge freezer units by frigo-boat.
Both compressors are water cooled.
Deep, double sink.
Drawers, separate locker for china and glass, plus stowage for pots and pans etc. Window opens.
- Chart table with drawers.
- Space for nav. aids directly at the chart table.
- Comfortable seat,
- Lockers and hanging locker for oil skins.
- Electrical panel with labelled trip switches at the side of the chart table
Comfortable double cabin. Access to the forward toilet compartment and shower.
Two opening skylights, opening windows, hanging lockers and good lighting.
MID CREW CABIN
- Set to starboard
- Two bunks
- Hanging locker
- Set of drawers
- Opening windows.
A comfortable double berth to starboard with large single for on passage rest to Port.
Four windows three of which are opening. One skylight. Door to saloon, headroom in the walk-through 1.98m.
Lockers and shelves under the side decks.
A seat centrally
Headroom 1.97 m.
- Both featuring,
Separate shower with curtain.
China wash basin with hot and cold water.
Worktop and cupboard.
The floor is a formed GRP-shower stall drained through a tube and then pumped overboard.
A large mirror and good lightning.
Window opens in the shower area.
Tek-Tanks holding tanks (new 2022) Gravity drain system
- Raymarine ST60 x 7 over the companionway hatch. These include;
- 1 x ST60 Multi.
- 1 x ST60 Depth.
- 1 x ST60 Speed.
- 3 x ST60 Wind.
- 1 x ST 6002 Autopilot.
- Removable Raymarine E120 plotter over the starboard cockpit chart table.
- Raymarine ST6002 Smart pilot at the wheel.
- Raymarine ST60 multi at the wheel.
- Icom command mic 3 VHF handset at the wheel.
- VHF speaker in cockpit.
- Suunto compass on binnacle.
- Raymarine E120 plotter over chart table. Complete with chart cards.
- Icom IC-M505 VHF
- Icom BC-166 Handhold VHF with charging dock station.
- Icom IC-M801E, SSB MF/HF long wave radio.
- 1 x Raymarine ST60 Multi at Chart table.
- ICOM SP-24 VHF Speaker at chart table.
- Raymarine Ray 230E VHF handset.
- Raymarine 455 TV Antenna control unit.
- Furuno Navtex - NX-300.
- Raymarine AIS 700 Class B Transceiver.
- Oregon weather station.
Machinery & Propulsion
- Volvo Penta D3-110, 81 kW / 110 HP, 5 cylinder direct injected turbocharged marine Diesel with intercooler. Hydraulic transmission.
- Gori 3 bladed folding propeller with overdrive.
- Shaft 45 mm stainless steel. Volvo dripless rubber stern shaft seal.
- Single lever control and gear shift.
- Engine panel with start/stop, tachometer, temperature and pressure gauges located at the helm.
- Westebeke 6kw Generator
- Westerbeke sound guard enclose
- 2 x Webasto airtop diesel air heaters. One to supply the aft part of the boat and one to supply the front of the boat.
- Large emergency bilge pump mounted to the forward bulkhead
- 60L Water heater
- Dometic air conditioning system.
- Galvanic isolator
- Side Power SP 155 TC Bow Thruster ( Through hull) - Foot switches at helm.
- Accessed from a door in the aft cabin, the engine space has built in lighting and aluminium flooring to allow good service access.
- The engine space is fully sound insulated, all insulation is covered with perforated stainless steel sheeting.
- Automatic powder fire extinguisher.
- Fire port in the forward bulkhead behind the companionway steps.
- Skin fittings for cockpit drains, engine inlet, secondary inlet manifold, holding tank outlet.
RIG & SAILS
- Selden deck stepped double spreader aluminium mast.
- Selden Aluminium boom and spinnaker pole
- Mast fitted with removable cutter stay which stows on the mast with the tensioner.
- Spinnaker pole fitted to a Selden RCB car with control lines. Stowed on the mast
- Selden hydraulic in-mast furling. Operated from helm
- Selden hydraulic headsail furler. Operated from helm
- Selden hydraulic rod kicker. Manual pump operated from helm.
- Selden hydraulic outhaul in the boom. Manual pump at the helm
- Mast winches servicing all halyards. 2 x Lewmar 44ST, 1 x Lewmar 48ST and 1 x Lewmar 8C
- Standing Rigging replaced August 2019
- All hydraulics serviced at the same time.
- Hasslefords aluminium rigging screw covers fitted to lowers and cap shrouds.
- Mast lighting - Deck flood light, steaming light, mast head tri-colour/anchor light.
- Mast mounted Raymarine radar scanner and Blipper radar reflector.
- Running rigging includes Main Halyard, Genoa Halyard, Topping lift, emergency forestay halyard and pole lift.
Mainsail by Elvstrom sails
Roller Furling headsail with foam luff from Quantum sails.
Roller furling headsail from Elvstrom sails
1 x Asymetric cruising chute from Elvstrom with furlstrom and set from a removable stainless steel bowsprit. (Used once)
Tri-sail from Elvstrom
Storm Jib from Elvstrom
- 12v Systems;
- Engine and generator start. Using 1 x 12v Platinum sealed lead acid 100ah battery.
- Davits and electronics powered by 1 x 12v GPL deep cycle battery.
- 24v Systems;
- Powered by 2 x 12v GPL deep cycle AGM 210 ah batteries wired in series.
- Internal fans.
- Bilge pumps.
- Fresh water pumps.
- Fridges and freezers.
- Gas Alarm.
- 240v Systems
- Shore power inlet from Marinco. Shore power distributed through consumer unit with RCD/MCB's.
- 240v circuits for internal sockets, water heater, battery chargers.
- Washing machine and hair dryer.
- 12v charger to engine and electronics.
- 24v charger/inverter to the house batteries.
- 12v and 24v alternators.
- All systems isolated under the chart table through 3 x Battery isolators with removable keys.
- Labelled switch panel at the Nav station complete with battery monitors, water gauges and generator controls.
- Sharp TV
- Pioneer sound system
PLUMBING AND TANKAGE
- 1020 litres Water tank in stainless steel850 litres
- Fuel tank in stainless steel
- 60 litre hot water tank served by both immersion and shore power.
- Plastic holding tanks
- Hot & Cold pressurised water.
- Cockpit shower
- Water maker
- Washing Machine ( Euro Nova 1000F Kenny
- Bimini (Old)
- Cockpit Tent (old)
- Cushions for cockpit
- McMurdo G5 Smartfinfd Epirb
- Bilge Pumps - Auto submersible (Main bilge _ with auto remote.
- Manual Internal Bilge
- Fire blanket
- Fire extinguishers ( Auto in engine, Saloon table, fwd companionway, aft cabin, Cockpit locker
- Raymarine MOB Tags
- 2022 Life raft - Ocean Safety, 6 Man life raft with Hydrostatic release
- 2 x Horse Shoes
- 1 x Dan-buoy.
CQR-anchor, 75 lbs / 34 kg, 70 m chain 12 mm
Fortress Aluminium Kedge achor
Four winch handles with lock
6 mooring lines 10 m
Electric Simpson S300 Davits
Caribe 3.3 RIB with Nissan 25 hp 2 stroke outboard
2 x Fishing rod holders
Clock and barometer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner's specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.
Tel: +44 23 8045 5714
Hamble Point Marina ,
GB, SO31 4NB
Michael Schmidt & Partner Ltd is a broker not a lender and is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority with FRN 670759. Michael Schmidt & Partner Ltd will not charge you any fee for this service as we will receive payment by way of fees direct from CGI FINANCE. The amount of the fees we receive from CGI FINANCE does not vary depending on the features of the loan and this payment does not affect the amount payable under the terms of the loan agreement. The above illustrations are not contractually binding. The financial information contained herein is for information purposes only (by way of example) and may be subject to change by the provider, CGI FINANCE. Terms and conditions apply. Any loans will be subject to a customer approval, a satisfactory affordability assessment and a good credit history. A security will be placed over your boat in the form of a mortgage. Your boat may therefore be at risk if you do not keep up the repayments on your loan.