This Saltram Saga 40 is in nice condition with a good inventory and many recent upgrades including new standing rigging, radar, chartplotter, electric anchor windlass and a new toe rail. With her aft cockpit, short coachroof and flush deck, Ikinoo is a very attractive yacht of a type commonly regarded as being amongst the most seaworthy yachts built.
Hull, Deck & Keel
Standard Saga 40 double ended hull with short coach roof, designed by Alan Pape.
The hull is in white GRP, epoxied from new, with a green stripe. The superstructure is white, as is the deck with green Treadmaster.
With 5089kgs of cast iron ballast in her long keel, she is a very seaworthy yacht built with blue water cruising in mind..
Her short coachroof and wide side decks make for easy access forward for anchor and sail handling.
Built to a high specification Ikinoo has a number of extras which make her easier and safer to sail.
- The deck and cockpit seats are finished in green treadmaster for excellent non-slip properties.
- Extra long Genoa tracks have been fitted to accommodate the Yankee.
- Mast rails (Granny Bars) fitted to give security when hoisting, lowering or reefing the mainsail.
- 2 x Lewmar 48 self tailing primary winches.
- 2 x Lewmar 30 self tailing secondary winches.
- Spinnaker pole stores vertically on the mast.
- Emergency forestsay with Wichard tensioner.
- Double bow roller.
- Sompson Lawrence SL555 manual anchor windlass.
- 25kg Delta self stowing main anchor with 55m 7/16 chain.
- 20kg CQR second anchor.
- 13.5kg angel plus 10m line, shackle and marlin spike.
- Anchor mounts.
- Port and starboard mooring cleats.
- Stainless steel pushpit and pulpit and alloy stanchion posts. Double lifelines terminated with Pelican hooks.
- Side access gates aft for easy boarding and MOB recovery.
- Stainless steel steps for pontoon access.
- Deck shower
- 8 x mooring warps.
- 3m Mooring strop.
- 9 x fenders.
- 8ft wooden boat hook.
- Adjustable alloy boat hook
- 5 x 10L diesel cans.
- 1 x 5L petrol can.
- 1 x Large funnel for fuelling.
Interior & Accommodation
One twin bed cabin aft, a large owners cabin forward, plus two singles in the saloon. There is full standing headroom throughout.
The twin berth cabin aft has a hanging locker and good stowage under the berths.
The heads is situated aft to starboard.
- Separate shower compartment.
- Sink with pressurised H&C water.
- Manual flushing marine toilet.
At the foot of the companionway to port is an L-shaped galley. Well configured with plenty of space for storage.
- Plastimo Neptune gimbaled gas cooker with 2 burners, grill and oven.
- Double stainless steel sink unit with pressurised H&C water system.
- Back up Manual fresh water system.
- Manual Sea water pump.
- Inbuilt fridge/freezer.
To starboard is the forward facing chart table, large enough for full-size admiralty charts and stowage under for several chart folios.
Moving forward there is a settee berth to port, with lee cloth with bookshelves and lockers above. A folding table, doubling as a drinks locker, gives ample room for the whole crew to sit around.
To starboard, there is a pilot/coffin berth with two additional seats below.
A Dickinson Newport diesel fired heater, with its own fuel tank, ensure the main cabin stays nice and warm even in the worst of weather. Exposed beams give a nice traditional appearance.
Owners Cabin forward
The fore cabin has a raised offset double coffin berth to port. There are two good sized hanging lockers and a dressing table.
There is a bosun's locker in the forepeak large enough for two bicycles plus all the spares required for extended cruising. Forward of that gives access to the chain locker.
- Raymarine AXIOM 12RV, 12" Multifunction display. New 2019.
- Navionics 28P+ chaart card. New 2019.
- Raymarine Real Vision 36 660W Sonar integrated with AXIOM 12RV. New 2019
- Raymarine Quantum QV24C Radar. New 2019.
- Sailor 144C VHF with cockpit speaker.
- Autohelm ST50 echosounder at chart table with cockpit repeater.
- Autohelm ST50 speed/log at chart table with cockpit repeater.
- Autohelm ST50 wind speed/direction in the cockpit.
- Autohelm ST4000 autopilot with handheld remote control unit. This unit can interface with the Monitor wind-vane system for greater versatility and reduced power consumption (currently not working, thought to be an electrical connection fault).
- Monitor wind-vane with spares kit including replacement lines.
- Garmin Montana 600 handheld GPS.
- Plastimo Contest Compass.
Machinery & Propulsion
- Volvo MD22A 59hp, 4 cylinder diesel engine.
- Freshwater cooled with sea water heat exchanger.
- Volvo M52B-1 gearbox (2.3:1 reduction).
- Conventional shaft drive to a fixed 3 blade propeller.
- Single lever morse engine controls.
- Fuel consumtion approx 2L/hr.
- Range approx. 300nm.
Rig & Sails
When new, Ikinoo had a number of extras fitted compared to the standard Saltram Saga 40. She is set up with a cutter rig.
- A taller rig than standard which improves performance in light airs. There are also two folding mast steps at the top of the mast. Ideal when creeping past coral heads off some tropical island!
- Stainless steel Standing Rigging renewed 2019.
- Extra long genoa tracks to accommodate the Yankee staysail.
- Upgraded halyard winches. Lewmar 40 plus Lewmar 30 and 16 (both self-tailing).
- Halyard clutches and cleats.
- Spinnaker pole with vertical stowage on the mast.
- Emergency forestay on Wichard tensioner.
- Furling system on forestay by Furlex 310S (2012).
- Mast rails (granny bars)
- Slab reefing Mainsail (1996) + spare.
- Stack Pack, Mainsail cover and Lazy Jacks.
- Hanked on Jib (1996) + spare.
- Roller furling Staysail (1996) + spare.
- Yankee by Ratsey and Lapthorn.
- Spinnaker with all running gear.
- 2 x 125 Ah Domestic batteries (June 2012).
- 1 x 100 Ah Fridge battery ( June 2012).
- 1 x 125 Ah Engine battery (2013).
- Vetus battery engine management system.
- Shore power with shore power cable.
- 240v battery charger and inverter.
Plumbing & Tankage
- 2 x freshwater tanks 340L each (stainless steel).
- 1 x fuel tank 136L (stainless steel).
- 1 x diesel heater tank 45L (stainless steel).
- Sprayhood with grab bar.
- Full cockpit enclosure.
- Mainsail stack pack with lazy jacks.
Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new ownerâ€™s specific needs.
- Plastimo Offshore Liferaft. Last serviced May 2012.
- Man overboard recovery system.
- EPIRB. GME MT400.
- 2 x Henderson bilge pumps.
- Double action hand pump.
- Henderson single acting MK5 pump AK8050 kit.
- 4 x fire extinguishers.
- Fire blanket.
- Gas detector.
- Hand operated horn.
- Subrella emergency hull patch.
- Bolt cutters.
- Bosuns chair.
- Spare tiller.
- Avon 2.2m RIB. With oars and repair kit.
- 2.3hp outboard.
We have owned Ikinoo since November 1998 and have extensively sailed the West Coast of Scotland in her over the years from Craobh Marina. She is in sound condition and has been regularly maintained over the years with many upgrades.
We are selling the boat reluctantly due to personal circumstances.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner's specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.
Tel: +44 (0) 1436 821606
GB, G84 8LH
The above illustrations are not contractually binding. The financial information contained herein is for information purposes only (by way of example) and may be subject to change by the provider, General Yachting and Leisure Finance Limited. Michael Schmidt & Partner Limited is a Introducing Broker not a Lender and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Terms and conditions apply. Any loans will be subject to a customer approval, a satisfactory affordability assessment and a good credit history. A security will be placed over your boat in the form of a mortgage. Your boat may therefore be at risk if you do not keep up the repayments on your loan.