Beautifully built Moody 36 CC that has proved to be a capable offshore cruiser with well mannered performance and a comfortable and spacious interior. The centre cockpit layout provides security on deck and luxurious accommodation down below, with a large ownerâ€™s cabin aft, island double berth and a double V berth cabin forward. Lightly used and well maintained. Viewing by appointment as away from the office.
Hull, Deck & Keel
Built by Marine Projects (Plymouth) Ltd in 2000. White GRP hull with blue boot stripe.
Hull, superstructure, deck area and cockpit professionally cleaned, compounded and polished in August 2019.
Teak toe rail. White GRP coachroof with moulded non-skid decks.
Fin keel of cast iron (sand blasted, epoxied and anti-fouled in 2019).
Wheel steering to skeg hung rudder. Teak laid cockpit seats and cockpit sole.
Large sugar scoop transom with steps. Stainless steel mooring cleats.
Last anti-fouled August 2019.
Hull and sail drive anodes last replaced August 2019.
Gas system certified 2017.
- Plough anchor
- Simpson Lawrence horizon express electric windlass
- Cockpit table
- Bathing platform
- Stainless steel boarding ladder
- Stainless steel outboard engine hoist and handy billy (2014)
- Two Lewmar 44 self tailing sheet winches
- Two Lewmar 16 halyard winches.
- Lewmar 8 winch
Interior & Accommodation
The accommodation is attractively finished with teak joinery and offers 2 separate sleeping cabins with full standing headroom. There is plenty of stowage and ventilation throughout.
- Dinette with fixed saloon table arrangement with wrap around seating to port and settee opposite.
- Seaworthy L shaped galley.
- Twin s/s sinks
- 2 burner cooker with grill and oven
- Sited to port of the companionway steps.
- Wet locker behind
- Double V berth
- Storage below
- Hanging lockers
- Large Owners cabin with Island double.
- Hanging lockers and plenty of stowage
- Additional 'on watch' bunk in passage to aft cabin.
- To Port aft of the Nav station and fwd of the main aft cabin creating en-suite facilities.
- Marine WC
- Wash basin
- Plastimo steering compass
- Raymarine ST60+ depth instrument
- Raymarine ST60+ speed and log instrument
- Raymarine ST60 wind instrument
- Standard Horizon GX2100 DSC VHF with binnacle mic and cockpit speaker
- Cobra MR HH415 handheld VHF
- Garmin 128 GPS
- Raymarine RL70C chartplotter with integrated radar
- Yeoman chartplotter
- Raymarine ST6001 smartpilot
- Various electronic charts
- Various paper charts
- Deck and masthead lights
- Clock and barometer
Machinery & Propulsion
Located under the cockpit in soundproofed compartment, there is a Volvo Penta MD 2040 three cylinder 40 HP diesel engine:
Approximately 1,275 engine hours
The engine has been regularly professionally serviced and a full engine service plus coolant change was carried out in April 2019
227 litre fuel capacity giving approximately 300 miles range at 6 knots cruising speed
Single lever control
Engine room light
Full engine instrumentation
Saildrive (gaiter replaced 2010) to fixed three blade propeller (new 2018)
Freshwater cooled via heat exchanger
Rig & Sails
- Masthead rigged bermudan sloop
- Deck stepped silver anodised aluminum mast and boom by Selden
- Selden gas rod kicker (new 2019)
- Stainless steel standing rigging (new 2019)
- Slab reefing mainsail
- Stack pack system with lazyjacks (new lines 2019)
- Furlex 200S headsail furling system (Selden) (serviced 2019)
- All lines led aft to cockpit
- Spinnaker pole on mast mounted track (new 2019)
- Mainsail - 2000 - good (valeted 2018)
- Genoa - 2000 - good (valeted 2018), new sacrificial strip 2018
- Jib â€“ good
- Cruising chute with snuffer - good
- Three 12V domestic batteries.
- One 12V engine start battery.
- Victron energy battery management system.
- Inverter and battery charger.
- 240V ring mains x 2.
- 22 litre immersion heater.
- Blaupunkt Bluetooth stereo (new 2019) with Sony marine cockpit speakers (new 2019) and Sony speakers in saloon.
Plumbing & Tankage
- 2 x 170 Litre Water tank
- 227 Litre Fuel tank
- Hot & Cold water
- Mainsail cover
- Cockpit enclosure
- Cockpit cushions
- 4 fire extinguishers
- Engine room fire extinguisher
- Fire blanket
- Gas alarm
- CO detector
- Deck light
- Horseshoe lifebuoy
- MOB sling
- Plastimo Cruiser 6 liferaft (service due 2020)
- Emergency tiller
- Manual bilge pump
- Electric bilge pump
- Radar reflector (new 2019)
- Fenders and fender socks
- Lodestar dinghy with Dinghy Rings FLEX transom mounting system
- Honda 4 stroke outboard mounted to pushpit
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner's specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.
Tel: +44 23 8045 5714
Hamble Point Marina ,
GB, SO31 4NB
The above illustrations are not contractually binding. The financial information contained herein is for information purposes only (by way of example) and may be subject to change by the provider, General Yachting and Leisure Finance Limited. Michael Schmidt & Partner Limited is a Introducing Broker not a Lender and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Terms and conditions apply. Any loans will be subject to a customer approval, a satisfactory affordability assessment and a good credit history. A security will be placed over your boat in the form of a mortgage. Your boat may therefore be at risk if you do not keep up the repayments on your loan.