'Catspaw' is a high free board five berth heavy displacement motor sailor.
Masthead sloop sail plan with a long fin keel. Four-cylinder Perkins 4.108 inboard diesel engine with a three-bladed fixed propeller.
Tidy little motor sailor.
- LOA - 8.20m - 26'11"
- LWL - 7.25m - 23'9"
- Beam - 3.05m - 10'0"
- Draft - 1.30m - 4'3"
- Displacement - 4000kgs
- Ballast - 1500 kgs
Hull, Deck & Keel
- The Kirie Fifty 27 is a heavy displacement motor sailor utilising a high-volume hull with high ballast ratio.
- Longfin keel
- Unbalanced rudder arrangement
- Cavity moulded GRP laminate
- Reinforced with transverse and longitudinal top hat bonded internal stiffening
- Half-height interior GRP moulding and bonded ply transverse with longitudinal bulkheads overlaid with a deck
- Coach roof and aft cockpit balsa reinforced GRP moulding lapped bonded and bolted at the deck edge.
- Stainless steel bow fitting with double bow roller
- Chain Locker containing anchor and leading to the electric windlass
- Coach roof with smoked forehatch
- The wheelhouse aft end of coach roof comprising two forward and port starboard portlights.
- Stainless steel grabrails aft with GRP roof covered with moulded ant slip.
- Steering position (Aluminium Wheel) with folding seat under.
- The cockpit gives cabin access hatch to starboard, with seats and lockers under.
- Cockpit gas locker
- Self-draining well in the cockpit.
- 12 assorted mooring warps
- 4 x mooring cleats
- 6 x fenders
- Stern boarding ladder
- Stainless steel pushpit
- Stainless steel pulpit
- Bruce 10kg Anchor with 15m x 8mm chain
- Vetus Alex III 1000 W 12-volt electric windlass
- ICOM C-M411 VHF with internal speak
- Autohelm Echosounder
- Plastimo Compass (working - low on liquid)
Interior & Accommodation
The interior is laid out for five berth configurations including Fo'c'sle with 'V' berths, Heads, Main Saloon/Dinette and galley area.
Mahogany Hardwood interior with Dark Blue Cloth upholstery.
- Main Saloon with Dinette (converts to double bunk)
- 'U' shaped Dinette extends to double berth with wooden table/berth infill in place
- Stainless steel sink with hot and cold water taps (FW hand pump faucet with drain in the locker under leading to the waterline being tee' ed into the shower sink drain and fitted with a hull valve)
- Frigor gas/electric fridge
- Canpa Gourmet two-burner, grill and oven
- Toilet compartment with sea toilet
- Wash hand basin
Machinery & Propulsion
- Perkins 4.108m four cylinder - Serial # US16138 48hp inboard stern drive diesel engine.
- Freshwater cooled via Bowman SW inter cooler
- Circa 60 litre calorifier to starboard of engine fed from supply and return piping the from cylinder head.
- HBW 75 gearbox
- Engine accessed beneath large starboard hinged hatch with teak inlay in the cockpit sole.
- 3 blade fixed propeller
Rig & Sails
- Deck stepped silver anodised aluminium France Spars mast
- Harken furling gear
- Stainless Steel standing rigging
- Silver anodised boom fitted for slab reefing
- Main Sail â€“ Good
- Genoa - Good
- 2 x 12v 110 Ahr - Engine/Domestic Batteries
Plumbing & Tankage
- 1 x 200-litre water tank â€“ Aluminium
- 1 x 200-litre fuel tank â€“ Aluminium
- Spare Gas Bottle (full)
- Dark Blue integrated/attached to Coach roof, Roller Type
- Full Cockpit cover with transparent (window) area.
- 1 x Manual Bilge Pump
- 4 x Powder Fire Extinguishers (may require service)
- Two lifejackets available (may require service)
- Masthead light
- Emergency metal tiller (stored in aft locker)
- Horseshoe Lifebuoy (no holder)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner's specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.
Tel: +44 (0) 1475 529975
The Yacht Harbour,
GB, PA16 0AW
The above illustrations are not contractually binding. The financial information contained herein is for information purposes only (by way of example) and may be subject to change by the provider, General Yachting and Leisure Finance Limited. Michael Schmidt & Partner Limited is a Introducing Broker not a Lender and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Terms and conditions apply. Any loans will be subject to a customer approval, a satisfactory affordability assessment and a good credit history. A security will be placed over your boat in the form of a mortgage. Your boat may therefore be at risk if you do not keep up the repayments on your loan.