Two owners from new this Hunter Crusader (Fin Keel Version) of the Hunter Horizon 30 has been enjoyed by her owners for both cruising and club racing here on the Hamble River.
A combination of Hunter Build, David Thomas designed seaworthiness and the stability of a larger boat.
Moulded in 1994 by Hunter Boats and delivered to her previous owner.
- GRP Hull, Deck and superstructure.
- Lead keel for max stability and minimum maintenance.
- Epoxied from new.
- High spec balanced spade rudder with finger light Tiller steering.
The Hunter 30 evolved from the popular but more spartan Hunter Impala, The 30 was
supplied as either a twin keeled cruiser or a fin keeler which was called the Crusader.
The majority of Fin keelers were cruised but a few were used successfully for club racing.
The Hunter 30 sits happily alongside the other David Thomas design of the time, the Sigma 29 and in between the Hunter 27 and Sigma 33.
All David Thomas designs give stiff, easily handled, responsive sailing. As he always said, 'You can make a fast boat sail slow, you can't make a slow boat sail fast'
The Hunter 30 Fin gives excellent cruising and rewarding sailing
Hull, Deck & Keel
- Single laminate solid laminate Hull
- Sold laminate Deck
- Fin keel with flared bulb
- Balanced spade rudder constructed with the unique Hunters boats system
- Lewmar 30 2 Speed self-tailing sheet winches
- Lewmar 7 Halyard winches
- Cockpit Locker
- Genoa tracks, One set of long tracks on the side deck for genoas
- One set of Short genoa tracks on the coach roof for the blade jib.
- Outboard bracket fitted on pushpit, stowage only
navigation & instruments
- Suunto steering compass
- Masthead V tronix hawk antenna
Navigation Equipment re-fit in 2018 including
- ST2000 tiller pilot (2018)
- B&G Vulcan 7 chart plotter
- B&G Triton2 speed/depth/wind instrument
- Standard Explorer VHF
- Guarit VHF
Interior & Accommodation
- Traditional saloon berths with saloon table between.
- 6 ft headroom
- Galley with peninsular holding stainless steel sink, ice box.
- Origo marine cooker and microwave installed in 2017.
- Oodles of stowage for the usual galley requirements.
- Chart table with switch panel
- Double V Berth with storage
- Double berth with locker.
- Separate heads compartment with marine WC and wash basin.
Machinery & Propulsion
- Yanmar Diesel 2GM20F FWC
- Shaft drive2
- Blade flexofold prop (2017)
- Approx 500 Engine hours
- 45 Litre fuel tank
- Serviced annually
- Cutlass bearing and rudder bearings replaced 2018
Rig & Sails
- Fractional sloop rig with anodised aluminium spars.
- Harken Roller headsail
- Stainless steel standing rigging ( 2015 )
- Running Rigging, Halyards & Sheets.
- Spinnaker Pole
- Mainsail slab reefing
- Quantum loose footed dacron mainsail
- Quantum (2019) roller reefing headsail (approx 125%)
- Symmetrical spinnaker (approx 2017)
- Storm jib (unused)
- 2 x Batteries
- 12v switch panel at chart table
Plumbing & Tankage
- Water tank
- Fuel tank
- Manual and Electric Bilge Pump
- Horseshoe life buoy
- Fire blanketâ€¢ Fire extinguishers
- Flares, comprising Offshore flare pack containing 4 parachute flares, 4 Red flares, 2 Orange smokes.
- Winch handles
- Boat hook x 2
- Swim ladder
- 6 x Fenders
- Both long and short mooring warps.
- 25 Ibs CQR type Anchor with 10 mtr chain plus warp
- 2 x 7Ibs Gaz bottles stored in stern locker
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner's specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.
Tel: +44 23 8045 5714
Hamble Point Marina ,
GB, SO31 4NB
The above illustrations are not contractually binding. The financial information contained herein is for information purposes only (by way of example) and may be subject to change by the provider, General Yachting and Leisure Finance Limited. Michael Schmidt & Partner Limited is a Introducing Broker not a Lender and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Terms and conditions apply. Any loans will be subject to a customer approval, a satisfactory affordability assessment and a good credit history. A security will be placed over your boat in the form of a mortgage. Your boat may therefore be at risk if you do not keep up the repayments on your loan.