Hanse 400e - the ultimate easily handled, fast passage making cruiser.
Dragon of Wessex is an impressive example of this popular cruiser. Now in it's second ownership and originally delivered by UK Hanse agents Inspiration Marine Group. Full teak decks, electric halyard winch, bow thruster, a simply huge electronics spec and lots more too.
Hull, Deck & Keel
- Epoxy laminate GRP White hull with 'Stars and Stripes' blue double waterlines
- Waterline and cove line laid in the gel coat
- GRP sandwich construction hand laid
- Bulkheads laminated to hull and deck
- Waterline and cove line laid in the gel coat
- GRP strong back
- Coppercoat under water sections.
- Performance composite iron / lead keel
- Performance draft: 1.98 m
- Stainless steel keel bolts
- White coachroof with full teak decking.
- Hand laid GRP sandwich construction
- Non-slip deck surface on coach roof
- Self-draining cockpit with large lockable storage
- 3 opening hatches (forward cabin, aft saloon and saloon)
- 10 opening acrylic glass windows with aluminium frames
- 6 mooring cleats
- 1 self-tailing Electric halyard winch 40 AST
- I self-tailing halyard winch 40 AST
- 2 self-tailing Lewmar 48 genoa winches 46 AST
- 2 self tailing secondary winches.
- Halyards lead aft to cockpit
- Control lines covered on the coach roof
- 2 winch handles
- Shower on aft deck
- Bow fitting with anchor roller and integrated socket for gennaker pin
- 10 halyard stoppers
- Split pulpit
- Pushpit with ensign staff socket
- Sliding companionway hatch in to garage which accommodates the washboard when not required.
- Drop board
- Double stainless steel safety rail with mid deck gates.
- Full Teak option on cockpit seats, cockpit bottom and decks.
- Swimming ladder
- 2 Deck vents
- Bow Anchor with Electric Windlass with remote.
- Kedge Anchor
Interior & Accommodation
- Interior in High quality Light Cherry marine ply with satin varnish
- White bulkheads
- Wooden door frames
- Wood / Sandwich doors
- Upholstery - Dark Blue Alcantara.
- Saloon. B3
- Companionway steps
- U-shaped settee area on starboard
- Saloon table that lowers to form a double berth.
- Bar locker
- Lockers and shelves
- Webasto Central Heating to all cabins. Enhancing the comfort and extending the season.
- Solid surface stone dark grey
- Double stainless steel sinks
- 2-burner LPG gas stove with oven, gimbled
- Gas system and self draining LPG bottle storage in cockpit
- Lockers and drawers
- Extra large 12v fridge of approx. 130 l, top and front loader with light
- Trash can
- 2 single seats on port side
- Chart table with storage between single seats
- Electric switch panel
- Forward Cabin
- A3 Separated from saloon by a door
- Large double-berth with en suite
- Combined locker Shelves above berth
- 2 x Double aft cabins
- Separated from saloon by a door
- Large double berth in each cabin
- cupboard and storage space
- Large head with separate shower stall
- Marine toilet
- Holding tank
- Sea and deck discharge
- Electrical drain pump
- Locker & shelves
- Opening hatch
- 1 opening port light
- Steaming light
- Bow light
- Stern light
- Anchor light
- Deck light
- Navigation instruments
- Illuminated compass
- Echo sounder depth sounder
- Simrad Speed/Log
- Simrad Radar
- 2 x Simrad Plotters ( CX44 and CX34 )
- Simrad Wind speed and Direction.
- Simrad Autopilot
- VHF Radio and cockpit speaker
- MF/HF Icom SSb
- McMurdo Navtex
- Raymarine Multi
- Digi Yacht AIS B
- Digi Yacht onboard computer and screen.
- SeaMe Active Radar
Machinery & Propulsion
- Yanmar 3JH4, 29 kW / 40 HP, diesel engine
- Sail drive
- Fresh water cooling
- 3-blade folding Kiwi propeller
- Fuel tank stainless steel, approx. 140 l
- Fuel infill on deck
- Seawater strainer
- Fuel filter / Water separator
- Revolution counter
- Engine hour meter
- Engine room sound insulated
- Max Power Retractable Bowthruster
Rig & Sails
- 2 spreader anodised aluminium mast and boom
- Furling system for self tacking jib and genoa.
- Hanse single line reefing system (cockpit handling)
- Rod kicker
- Stainless steel standing rigging last replaced in 2011.
- Backstay adjuster
- Main and jib halyard led aft to cockpit
- Main and jib sheets
- Main sheet traveller on coach roof
- North Main sail fully battened with 3 reefs
- Self-tacking ( 2007 ) jib with traveller
- Genoa ( 2009 )
- Gennaker and Facnor Furling system
- Boom topping lift
- Mast steps and track for full height of the mast.
- 12 V and 110 V / 230 V electrical circuits
- Shore power 220 / 240 V incl. differential breaker.
- Shore power cable
- Battery charger
- 80A Alternator
- Main battery switch
- 1 Engine battery 12 V AGM 2015
- 3 Service battery: 12 V AGM 2015
- Electric control panel 12 V
- Outlet 12 V
- VoltmeterWater / Fuel gauges
- Electric panel 230 V
- Differential breaker
- Outlet 230 V x 3
- Separate switch for warm water heater
- Interior lighting in fwd. cabin, in aft cabin, in saloon, in galley, in heads, in storage room, in engine room
- Stereo head unit at chart table
- Speakers in saloon
- LED TV mounted on swivel bracket in saloon
Plumbing & Tankage
- Water tank
- Fresh water capacity approx. 300 l
- Water infill on deck
- Warm water heater, running from engine or immersion heater 110 V / 230 V
- Electrical pressurised water system
- Faucets in galley and head
- Main drop system with Stack pack and Lazy Jacks; colour: light-grey
- Winch handles
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner's specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.
Tel: +44 23 8045 5714
Hamble Point Marina ,
GB, SO31 4NB
The above illustrations are not contractually binding. The financial information contained herein is for information purposes only (by way of example) and may be subject to change by the provider, General Yachting and Leisure Finance Limited. Michael Schmidt & Partner Limited is a Introducing Broker not a Lender and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Terms and conditions apply. Any loans will be subject to a customer approval, a satisfactory affordability assessment and a good credit history. A security will be placed over your boat in the form of a mortgage. Your boat may therefore be at risk if you do not keep up the repayments on your loan.