An iconic Judel and Vrolijk design from an iconic builder the Dehler 36 SQ (Speed & Quality) is much sought after - beautifully built, fast and spacious she does it all. be it cruising with fast mile eating pace, club racing or both.
Experts sum it up:- We think the 36SQ is a lovely boat and have never heard a bad word about them. The cruising group like them for speed and comfort, the racers for speed and performance (including rated performance). Name to be retained.
Hull, Deck & Keel
The hull is hand laid using a combination of unidirectional and multi-directional GRP with balsa sandwich.
- Internally, the hull is is 'flow coated in a Gel coat wash for protection and ease of cleaning.
- The keel is a combination of cast iron and lead. The lead shoe giving a low centre of gravity. The keel is through bolted with stainless steel bolts through the laminated in floor beams and strengthening.
- The hull reinforcing comprising floors and stringers in a matrix to accept the rigging loads down to the keel.
- Navy blue gelcoat hull
- White coach-roof with navy blue trim line
- Rubbing strake of anodised alloy with rubber insert.
- White anti-fouling white hull trim lines
- Stainless steel push pit and pulpit, guard rails. Lower rail cushioning for crew.
- Stainless steel stanchions
- 9/10 fractional sloop rig
- Ergonomic self draining aft cockpit
- Keel stepped double spreader mast
- Elliptical balanced rudder with stock in self aligning bearings
- The Deck is bonded to the hull whilst both components are in the mould to ensure rigidity and uniformity.
- Cable steering with chamois leather covered s/s wheel with navy blue cover
- Steering compass in steering pedestal
- Manual bilge pump at helm
- Six mooring cleats
- Stainless steel grab rails on coach roof
- Two large lazarette lockers and one cockpit locker with stayed lids
- Transom platform and folding s/s/ boarding ladder
- Self draining anchor well and bow roller with anchor stowage
- Electric windlass
- 10kg delta anchor with 15 m chain and 20 m of warp
- Dehler patented perspex vertical sliding companionway hatch
- Lewmar hatches to saloon, forward cabin,aft cabins and heads
- Ensign holder
Interior & Accommodation
All joinery and wood panelling in light natural-coloured cherry with a durable satin finish.
Webasto Airtop 3500 with five outlets for warmth, comfort, ambience and an extended season.
- Folding saloon table with bottle storage.
- Saloon seating comprising 'U' shaped sofa to port and settee berth to starboard.
- Shelf and cupboard storage on both port and starboard side of saloon.
- 240v shore power outlet in saloon
- Open bookshelves port and starboard
- Eye-level covered storage cupboards with push button locks throughout
- L -Shaped port side with fitted storage cupboards and drawers
- 3-burner gimballed cooker with oven
- 105 litre refrigerated cool-box
- Safety strap to galley
- Pressurised hot and cold water supply
- Twin sinks with hot and cold water
- Lewmar opening windows above galley
- Full size chart table athwartships with night vision light
- Lewmar opening windows above chart table
- Forward facing seat with storage below.
- Double V berth with Blue upholstery
- Hanging locker
Starboard Aft Cabin
- accessed from heads, thus en-suite.
- Double berth
- Storage and cupboard
- Reading light
Port aft cabin
- Double berth
- Storage and cupboard
- Reading light
- Manual WC with stainless 48 litre holding tank
- Sink with shower attachment
- Mirrored storage cupboard
- Raymarine C90 plotter.
- Icom VHF Radio at chart table with cockpit speaker.
- GPS Integral with Chart Plotter
- Raymarine ST60 Echosounder
- Raymarine ST60 Speed and Log
- Raymarine ST60 Wind direction and wind speed.
- Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot
- Suunto steering compass
Machinery & Propulsion
- 29 hp 3 cylinder Fresh Water Cooled Inboard Diesel.
- Driving a 2 blade bronze folding prop via sail drive ( Latter replaced 2016).
Rig & Sails
- Silver anodised tapered Selden keel-stepped double spreader mast
- 2 x Spinnaker poles - 1 x Carbon fibre spinnaker pole and 1 x Aluminium
- Sheets to cockpit, stoppers.
- Spinnaker pole track fitted to mast.
- Main Drop/Stack pack system boom cover with lazy jacks and single line reefing.
- All running rigging adjustable from cockpit, tracks and cars
- 4 Harken self-tailing s/s two speed winches
- S/S shrouds (dyform) and stays with roll formed terminals and fitted with bottle screws (Replaced 2017)
- Hydraulic adjustable backstay
- 10 halyard stoppers
- SpinlockMain reefing system adjustable from cockpit
- Main & jib halyard
- DyneemaSpinnaker halyard x 2
- Magnetic compass
- Harken mainsheet traveller system with fine tune.
- Kevlar by Hyde, 2013
- Kevlar by Quantum, 2007
- Dacron by North, 2007
- Furling Aramid Genoa by One Sails, 2019 ( Max size)
- Furling Aramid Genoa by One Sails, 2014
- Dacron Genoa by North, 2007
Spinnakers and Asymetric
- S2 by One sails, 2013
- A5 by Quantum, 2012
- S4 by Quantum, 2007
- Kevlar Code 3 by Hyde, 2013 Approx (16-25 knts)
- Kevlar Code 2 by One Sails, 2011 Approx (8-18 kts)
- Kevlar Code 1 by Quantum, 2008. Approx (0-10 kts)
- Dacron Storm Jib by Saunders, 2005
- Dacron Storm Tri-Sail by Saunders, 2005 (un-used)
- Multi-switch panel adjacent to chart table
- Deck level and masthead navigation lights
- Anchor light at masthead
- Steaming light
- Electric windlass in forward anchor locker
- Shore power with cable
- Electric water heater in 20 litre calorifier
- Battery charger
- Battery status/condition meter at chart table
- Consumer battery 2 x 65Ah
- Starter battery 12v 80Ah
- Split charging unit
Plumbing & Tankage
- 254 litres Water tank
- 90 litres Fuel tank
- Hot & Cold water
- Stack pack mainsail cover.
- Wheel cover
- 3 safety harness attachment points in cockpit.
- Lifebuoy and bracket
- Danbuoy and bracket
- Winch handles
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner's specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.
Tel: +44 23 8045 5714
Hamble Point Marina ,
GB, SO31 4NB
The above illustrations are not contractually binding. The financial information contained herein is for information purposes only (by way of example) and may be subject to change by the provider, General Yachting and Leisure Finance Limited. Michael Schmidt & Partner Limited is a Introducing Broker not a Lender and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Terms and conditions apply. Any loans will be subject to a customer approval, a satisfactory affordability assessment and a good credit history. A security will be placed over your boat in the form of a mortgage. Your boat may therefore be at risk if you do not keep up the repayments on your loan.