Moody 31 Mk II
£ 27,500 VAT Paid
- Year 1989
- Length 30.74 ft | 9.37 m
- Beam 3.23 meter
- Max Draft 1.52 meter
- Engine Volvo Penta 2003
This Moody 31MK II is a Bill Dixon, Marine Projects Built craft and is offered to the market in good condition and well worth travelling to view. With double forward and double aft, this comfortable yacht will, without doubt, be suitable for the single-handed sailor as well as those wishing to sail with a couple of friends without intrusion. A 2014 survey is available for serious prospective buyers.
- LOA - 9.37m - 30'7"
- LWL - 7.74m - 25'4"
- Draft - 1.52m - 5'
- Beam - 3.23m - 10'6"
- Displacement - 8750lbs
- FUEL CAPACITY - 20 gals
- WATER CAPACITY - 30 gals
Hull, Deck and Keel
- GRP HULL
- Iron Ballast Fin Keel
Interior and Accommodation
'Hiffy' is finished in teak veneered and solid hardwood. She offers a configuration of Six berths over three cabins all with storage space below including Main Saloon. All wooden surfaces are satin varnished and in excellent condition.
Aft of the starboard saloon berth is the galley with the entrance to the aft double cabin beyond, opposite to port is the nav. station with navigation table with forward-facing chart table, aft of which is the heads compartment and forward berth.
Galley - 'L' Shaped
- Circular Stainless Steel Sink
- Cool Box with 12V Waeco Cold Machine
- Plastimo Atlantic Gimballed Gas Cooker with two burners, oven and grill
- Calorifier with 240v immersion heater (replaced 2013)
- Water Tank Capacity - 30 gallons
- Soft Furnishings in good condition
- There are Single berths on each side of the main cabin with the centre drop-leaf table embracing the mast compression post.
- Jabsco Sea Toilet pumps overboard or to holding tank where an electric macerator pump empties the tank as required.
- Hot and Cold Electric Pumped water
- Wood Grating at the shower drain
- Electric Discharge Pump
- Self-draining locker on the foredeck with a hinged cover containing Bruce 10 kg Anchor with c17m 8mm galvanised chain and 40m 14mm multi-plait warp
- Simpson Lawrence Manual Windlass
- 2 x Butane cylinders in dedicated and vented aft locker compartment
- 8 Fenders
- Jackstays port and starboard
- LED Deck Lights
- 2 x Lewmar 8 Single Speed Halyard
- 2 x Lewmar ST40 Self Tailing 2 Sped Sheet Winches
- 2 x Lewmar 8 Single Speed Spinnaker Winches
- 1 x Lewmar 8 Single Speed Mast Winch
- Mainsheet Traveller with 4:1 purchase
- Port and Stbd Genoa cars adjustable from cockpit
- Forward Cars on cabin roof for No 3 Genoa
- Deck organisers and 10 Spinlock XAS clutches - new 2016
- Lazy Jacks
- Standard Horizon Gx2200E AIS/GPS/DSC VHF Radio with a cockpit extension speaker
- Raymarine E7 MFD Hybrid touch colour plotter with AIS feed from radio
- Raymarine i70 Speed/Depth & multifunction
- USB Blue Sea Outlets at chart table and berths
- Silva Cockpit repeater integrated with Plotter
- Plastimo Bulkhead Steering Compass
- Autohelm 2000 tiller pilot with wind vane
- Navigation lights (LED)
Rig and Sails
- Masthead Sloop Rig
- Kemp Mast and Boom
- Telescopic Spinnaker Pole
- Standing Rigging is mainly 7mm 1 x 19 stainless steel with swaged ends and toggled bottle screws
- Running Rigging/Halyards and Primary Sheets led aft to the cockpit
- Single Line Mainsail slab reefing from Cockpit
- Furlex Headsail Furling System with twin grove foil
- Furling Genoa - Owen Sails, DCX Tri-Radial with foam luff and UV Blockade - New 2016 -£2400
- No 2 - Saturn - with window - v.good
- No 3 - Saturn - v.good
- Genoa No 1 - Saturn - Fair
- Genoa No 1 - lightweight - Fair
- Main - Owen Sails - 2+2 batten, DCX Race Square, New 2015 - £1700
- Main - Lucas - Fair
- Spinnaker - Saturn - v.Good
- Spinnaker - Saturn - Lightweight - v.Good
Machinery and Propulsion
- Volvo Penta 2003 28hp series three-cylinder diesel engine with raw water cooling. Serviced Annually.
- Volvo Reversing gearbox
- Bronze 'P' bracket
- Two blade folding propeller
- Cutlass Bearing, shaft log - 2007
- Packing replaced every other year
Systems and Tankage
- Coldwater tank (stored below the starboard main cabin berth)
- 240V immersion coil gives hot water when Marina Berthed in addition to engine heater water.
- Fuel Tank 20 gal (stored in the forward area of cockpit locker)
- Eberspacher Airtronic temperature-controlled heating system with outlets in heads and saloon
- 240V Mains Supply System with shore supply socket.
- Galvanic isolator with RCD.
- 12v DC system with 2 x 110 amp batteries located in dedicated compartments under the aft cabin berths.
- Sterling Power Pro Split R System
- 12V engine Batteries also charged, supplied and conditioned by sterling power pro charge ultra system when connected to shore power
- Pioneer Radio/CD Player/DAB
- Acrylic Spray Hood
- Boom cover
- Dodgers - 2015
- Bruce 10 kg Anchor with c17m 8mm galvanised chain and 40m 14mm multi plait warp
- LPG Gas Alarm
- Fire Blanket
- 2 x Fire Extinguishers
- Engine compartment extinguisher
- 2 x Horseshoe Lifebelts
- 1 X floating light
- 8 X Fenders
- Manual Bilge Pump
- Jackstays port and starboard
- Seago 2.4m Airdeck Inflatable Dinghy
- Honda 2.3 hp Outboard available by separate negotiation
2014 Survey Available
All of the very minor items were attended to. Also, the boat was substantially upgraded, new sails, heater, electronics in current ownership.