Kirie FIFTY 27
£ 13,500 VAT Paid
- Year 1978
- Length 26.9 ft | 8.2 m
- Beam 7.25 meter
- Max Draft 1.3 meter
- Engine Perkins 4.108
'Catspaw' is a high freeboard five berth heavy displacement motor sailer. Long fin keel. Masthead sloop sail plan. Four-cylinder Perkins 4.108 inboard diesel engine with a three-bladed fixed propeller. Mast and boom are of silver anodised aluminium Vetus Alex III 1000w 12v electric windlass. Tidy little motor sailer.
- LOA - 8.20m - 26'11"
- LWL - 7.25m - 23'9"
- Beam - 3.05m - 10'0"
- Draft - 1.30m - 4'3"
- Diplacement - 4000kgs
- Ballast - 1500 kgs
Hull, Deck and Keel
- The Kirie Fifty 27 is a high freeboard five berth heavy displacement motor sailer utilising a high volume hull with high ballast ratio, long fin keel and unbalanced rudder underbody arrangement.
- Hull Construction comprises of cavity moulded GRP laminate reinforced with transverse and longitudinal tophat bonded internal stiffening, half-height interior GRP moulding and bonded ply transverse with longitudinal bulkheads overlaid with a deck, coachroof and aft cockpit balsa reinforced GRP moulding lapped, bonded and bolted at the deck edge.
Interior and Accommodation
The interior is laid out for five berth configuration including Fo'c'sle with 'V' berths, Heads, Main Saloon/Dinette and galley area. Mahogany Hardwood interior with Dark Blue Cloth upholstery.
- Stainless steel sink with hot and cold water taps (FW hand pump faucet with drain in the locker under leading to the waterline being tee' ed into the shower sink drain and fitted with a hull valve).
- Frigor gas/electric fridge
- Canpa Gourmet two-burner, grill and oven
- Toilet compartment with sea toilet
- Wash hand basin
- Main Saloon with Dinette (converts to double bunk)
- 'U' shaped Dinette extends to double berth with wooden table/berth infill in place
- Navigation Table
- 'V' berths (with wooden insert forming a 'V' shaped double)
- Foredeck fittings include stainless steel bow fitting with double bow roller
- Chain Locker containing anchor and leading to the electric windlass
- Coachroof with smoked forehatch
- The wheelhouse aft end of coachroof comprising two forward and port starboard portlights. Stainless steel grabrails aft with GRP roof covered with moulded antislip.
- Steering position (Aluminium Wheel) with folding seat under.
- The cockpit gives cabin access hatch to starboard, with seats and lockers under.
- Cockpit gas locker
- Self-draining well in the cockpit.
- 12 assorted mooring warps
- 4 x mooring cleats
- 6 x fenders
- Stern boarding ladder
- Stainless steel pushpit
- Stainless steel pulpit
- Bruce 10kg Anchor with 15m x 8mm chain
- Vetus Alex III 1000 W 12-volt electric windlass
- ICOM C-M411 VHF with internal speak
- Autohelm Echosounder
- Plastimo Compass (working - low on liquid)
Rig and Sails
- Deck stepped silver anodised aluminium France Spars mast
- Harken furling gear
- Stainless Steel standing rigging
- Silver anodised boom fitted for slab reefing
- Main Sail - Good
- Genoa - Good
Machinery and Propulsion
- Perkins 4.108m four cylinder - Serial # US16138 48hp inboard stern drive diesel engine.
- Freshwater cooled via Bowman SW intercooler
- Circa 60 litre calorifier to starboard of engine fed from supply and return piping the from cylinder head.
- HBW 75 gearbox
- Engine accessed beneath large starboard hinged hatch with teak inlay in the cockpit sole.
- 3 blade fixed propeller
Systems and Tankage
- 1 x 200-litre water tank - Aluminium
- 1 x 200-litre fuel tank - Aluminium
- Spare Gas Bottle (full)
- 2 x 12v 110 Ahr - Engine/Domestic
- Dark Blue integrated/attached to Coachroof, Roller Type Full Cockpit cover with transparent (window) area.
- 1 x Manual Bilge Pump
- 4 x Powder Fire Extinguishers (may require service)
- Two lifejackets available (may require service)
- Masthead light
- Emergency metal tiller (stored in aft locker)
- Horseshoe Lifebuoy (no holder)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.