Silver Ormidale 58
£ 150,000 VAT Not Applicable
- Year 1964
- Length 58.01 ft | 17.68 m
- Beam 4.12 meter
- Max Draft 1.6 meter
- Engine Gardner 6LX
"Silver Buccaneer" is a Silver Ormidale Class motor yacht designed by John Bain and built in 1964 by James Silver & Co., Rosneath, Scotland. She has recently been refurbished by her current owner.
One of the nicest of the Silvers Class boats, well proportioned, practical and stunning to look at. She has a large covered aft deck, wide side decks and foredeck. Mahogany on Oak with Teak decks. Owner aft en-suite, two thwart ships cabins with heads bath/shower and forward en-suite cabin.
- LOA - 58' / 17.68m
- LWL - 54' / 16.45m
- Beam - 13'6" / 4.12m
- Draft - 5'3" / 1.6m
- Air Draft - 14'7" / 4.5m
- Approximately 30 Tons / 30481 kg
Hull, Deck and Keel
The hull has recently had remedial work carried out including planking work and a new stern (2017).
- Hull topsides - Mahogany on Oak. Paited White
- Hull below water - Teak on Oak.
- Superstructure - Mahogany on Oak
- Laid Teak deck.
- Round bilged, displacement hull with long keel.
- Engine room fully fire proofed according to surveyors guidance.
WOW! What an aft deck! - As soon as you step aboard you arrive on the huge Teak laid aft deck with canvas sun awning. There is a central table and built into the aft side of the wheelhouse is a bench seat with surrounding deck stowage. The deck is secured by a solid safety rail. with Teak capping and side access gates. This is the perfect place to dine alfresco, host a party or lounge about. A true feature.
- Fitted table and hatch covers.
The side decks are wide, Teak laid and secured with a continuation of the solid rail that wraps the whole boat. Moving about on deck is all one level so you always feel safe and secure.
The Foredeck - is also large and Teak laid. There is an opening deck hatch over the galley area with lovely butterfly windows and an access hatch to the forward cabin. Also two magnificent vent funnels for purpose and feature. All be it this is a working area it is also great for socialising.
Looking back at the cabin top you see more feature vent funnels and the ships mast.
Interior and Accommodation
Mahogany interior, in lovely condition with a real traditional feel. The "Ormidale" is full of classic beauty and the finish is from a quality era & renowned builder. With lovely deck head beams and exquisite cabinetry, she reeks of quality and craft. She has berths for six/seven.
Wheelhouse - Wheelhouse with port helm and wheel, instruments and helm seat. To starboard is a bench seat with access down to the deck saloon and aft to the deck. There is also access to the side deck on the port side.
Saloon - Large saloon with two 'L' shaped seating areas to port with dinning table and separated by a beautifully constructed cocktail cabinet for the ships crystal and decanters.
To starboard is a full length storage unit with shelf, drawers and cupboards. The saloon is surrounded by windows on three sdes and has a lovely airy feel, this along with the warm depth of the fitted furniture makes it a lovely social area.
- Webasto central heating with radiators.
- 24v ring main and lighting.
Aft in the saloon is the stair access to the aft cabins and forward are stairs to the galley and foreward cabin.
Port aft cabin - A lovely bunk cabin, beautifully appointed.
- Wash hand basin with mirror and under sink cabinet.
- Good storage with set of drawers and wardrobe.
Starboard aft cabin - A lovely single cabin, beautifully appointed.
- Wash hand basin with shelf.
- Wardrobe and storage.
Off the gangway - to starboard lies the day/guest cabin heads.
- Separate sit in bath and shower.
- Wash hand basin.
- Electric toilet.
Aft Owners Cabin - A bit more of a lord and ladies affair than a modern boudoir! Roomy with a double bed to starboard with a single berth to port.
- Fitted vanity unit with good storage - drawers, wardrobe and large storage cupboard.
En-suite heads - to starboard with separate shower to port including a full length mirror to prepare for the Ceilidh!
- Electric toilet.
Galley - Going forward from the saloon you go directly into the large thwart ships galley.
- Fully appointed and practical with loads of proper storage and work surface.
- Full sized cooker with 4 hotplates, oven and grill (New 2017)
- Full height fridge/freeser.
- Sink and draining board with pressurised H&C water.
Forward cabin - The forepeak cabin has direct access from the galley also onto the foredeck via a deck ladder.
- Single berth to starboard with port seat.
- En-suite heads with wash hand basin.
- Fold down pipe cot forward with access to the chain locker.
- Plenty of storage.
- Manual toilet with holding tank.
- Teak trimmed sea rail.
- Polished stainless steel vent funnels.
- 2 x Vetus windscreen wipers.
- Stainless steel fender baskets.
- Stainless steel davits.
- Boarding ladder.
- Side access gates.
- McGrure (Classic Scottish boat bulder) clinker built period dinghy, varnished.
- Yamaha 3.5hp 4 stroke outboard.
- Frances E900 electric anchor windlass with warping drum and chain gypsy. Wired remotely controled.
- Aft deck capstan.
- Admiralty anchor and 60m chain.
- Secondary anchor.
- Mooring cleats.
- Fenders, warps and mooring lines.
- Sestrel magnetic steering compass (Wheelhouse).
- Simrad log, speed, depth (Wheelhouse).
- Raymarine chart plotter with radar overlay (2017) (Wheelhouse).
- Raymarine Radar (Wheelhouse).
- NASA Marine Target Navtex x Proplus (2017) (Wheelhouse).
- NECO Autopilot (Wheelhouse).
- Horizon Marine Matrix AIS/GPS GX2200E DSC VHF (2017) (Wheelhouse).
- Clock & Barometer.
- Rudder indicator.
Machinery and Propulsion
Engines - 2 x 127hp Gardiner 6LX intercooled diesel engines.
- Hydraulic gearboxes.
- Shaft driven to 3 blade bronze propellers.
- Large walk through engine room.
- Fuel consumption - A very economical 15L / hr @ 8kts cruising speed, giving 800M range approx.
- Engines fully commissioned by Gardiner engineers.
- Nobel Bow thruster.
- Vosper mini fin stabilisers.
Systems and Tankage
- Webasto central heating with radiators.
- 24v ring main.
- Pressurised Hot & Cold water system.
- Stabalisers - (Need attention)
- Fuel - 1800 L approx.
- Water - 1500 L approx.
- Black Water tank fitted 2017.
- 8 batteries in two banks in the engine room. 4 domestic and 4 engine.
- 2 batteries for bow thruster foreward in the forecabin bilge.
- Victron Skulla 24v 50A battery charger.
- Shore power with cable.
- 2kw Honda Generator.
- 24v system including cabin lighting.
- Stereo with internal and aft deck speakers.
- Glomex TV aerial.
“The safety equipment listed below may not be serviced up to date at the point of sale and is sold “as is””
- Seago 6 person liferaft (serviced 2017)
- Coastal Flare Pack.
- Manual & Electric bilge pumps.
- Electric bilge pump monitoring system.
- 8 fire extinguishers.
- Fire blanket.
- Smoke detector.
- 6 lifejackets - Various ages from new. May ned serviced.
- 2 lifebouys.
- Navigation lighting.
Manufacturer and Design Information
- Designer - John Bain
- Builder - James Silver & Co.
Michael Schmidt and Partner Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.