£ 38,500 VAT Paid
- Year 1986
- Length 37.01 ft | 11.28 m
- Beam 3.81 meter
- Max Draft 1.7 meter
- Engine Thornycroft T90
Galatea II is in nice overall condition with freshly polished topsides and new hull decal stripes. The Moody 37 has superb accommodation and comes with quite a reputation for great sailing qualities, many Moody 37's have cruised world-wide! Well maintained and 8 berths in 3 cabins with 2 heads including the palatial en-suite aft cabin. What more could you want!
- LOA - 11.28m.
- LWL - 9.53m.
- Beam - 3.81m.
- Draft - 1.7m.
- Displacement - 7371kg.
- Ballast - 2948kg
- Total sail area - 76.92sqm
Hull, Deck and Keel
- White GRP hull with original gelcoat, freshly polished and new hull decal.
- Deck with textured non-slip.
- Good wide side decks secured by a stainless steel pulpit, alloy stanchions with stainless steel double guard wires and stainless steel quarter pushpits.
- The foredeck is spacious and the deep central cockpit offers great security.
- Wheel steering.
- She has a substantial cast iron fin keel through bolted with steel bolts.
- Skeg hung GRP rudder.
- Double bow roller.
- Manual anchor windlass.
- 35lb Bruce anchor with 45m chain and warp.
- Stainless steel "Granny Bars" at the mast.
- Stainless steel boarding ladder.
- Various warps and fenders.
- 6 mooring cleats with fairleads.
- Boat hook.
- Easyhoist outboard engine hoist on stern.
- 2 x Lewmar 46 two speed self tailing manual winches.
- 2 x Lewmar 43 two speed self tailing manual winches.
- Lewmar 8 single speed manual winch.
- Lewmar 16 slef tailing manual winch.
- Lewmar 30 two speed manual winch.
- Winch handles.
Interior and Accommodation
Eight berths in total in 3 cabins (incl saloon) comprising 3 double berths and 2 singles. Owners En-suite aft cabin.
Interior finish in a combination of GRP mouldings and Teak vaneered Marine ply.
Foreward Cabin -
Two single berths in "V" configuration. There is an infill which converts the singles to a large double berth when required.
Main Heads -
Situated forward to starboard with hanging locker opposite.
- Access from saloon side and foreward cabin.
- Marine toilet.
- Wash basin
- Pressurised hot & cold fresh water.
The saloon has a single settee berth to port and a single settee berth to stbd which converts to a double berth.
- Large folding leaf table.
- Ample storage space throughout with shelves, drawers and lockers.
The U-shaped galley is to port aft in the saloon. Great work surface area and plenty of storage.
- Gimballed Plastimo Neptune 2000 two burner gas oven and grill.
- Two stainless steel sinks with hot & cold pressurised fresh water.
- Top loading refrigerated cool box.
Navigation station -
To stbd aft in the saloon with large forward facing chart table and seat.
- Chart storage.
- Ships electrical distribution panel.
Skippers berth -
There is a single sea berth on the stbd side in the passageway leading to the owners aft cabin, aft of the Nav station.
Owners Aft cabin -
Large double berth to port with en-suite heads and seating to stbd with hanging locker.
En-suite heads -
- Marine toilet.
- Wash basin.
- Hot & cold pressurised fresh water.
- Raymarine autopilot in cockpit with repeater at chart table
- NASA DSC VHF radio. Chart table.
- Garmin 126 GPS. Chart table.
- Raytheon RX9 radar. Chart table
- Plastimo binnacle mounted magnetic steering compass.
- NASA echo sounder. Hatch garage.
- NASA wind speed/direction. Hatch garage.
- NASA Speed/Log. Hatch Garage. Not currently opperational.
Rig and Sails
- Masthead Sloop.
- Kemp silver anodised alluminium double spreaders mast.
- Stainless steel standing rigging.
- Kemp boom.
- Headsail roller reefing.
- Braid on braid running rigging.
- Mainsail, 2009, in good condition. Slab reefing with two reefs lead aft to the cockpit.
- Roller reefing Genoa, 2009, in good condition with new UV strip. Roller reefing.
Machinery and Propulsion
Powered by a Thornycroft T90 4 cylinder 35hp marine diesel engine with shaft drive to a 3 blade fixed prop. Good access to engine compartment from port cockpit locker and panel in stbd passageway.
- Engine serial No 9849558.
- Rope cutter on shaft.
- Single lever morse controls.
- Hurth gearbox.
- Bowman heat exchanger.
- Range 600 miles approx.
- New hoses 2018.
Systems and Tankage
- Pressurised hot water is supplied via a calorifier from a Bowman heat exchanger and immersion heater from 240v shore power.
- Eberspacher warm air heating system.
- Fuel - 204L. Fuel system including tank cleaned 2018.
- Water - 2 x 250L. Plastic tanks under port & stbd saloon berths.
The ships 12v electrical system is powered by 3 heavy duty batteries.
- 1 x 12v engine start battery. New 2018
- 2 x 12v domestic batteries. New 2018
- Engine alternator.
- Blue Sea Systems automatic charging relay and isolators.
- 240v Smart charger.
- 240v shore power.
- 13amp ring main.
- Mainsail cover. New 2018.
- Full cockpit canopy.
“The safety equipment listed below may not be serviced up to date at the point of sale and is sold “as is””
- Automatic 12v RULE bilge pump - new 2018.
- Manual bilge pump.
- 4 x fire extinguishers.
- Fire blanket.
- Radar reflector.
- Horseshoe lifebuoy with safety light mounted on aft rail.
- OSCAR MOB system.
- Coastal flare pack. New 2018.
- Navigation lights.
- Fog horn.
- XM260 inflatable tender. May need servicing but thrown in as an extra.
- Suzuki 2.5hp 4 -stroke outboard.
- Clock & Barometer.
- Paraffin lamp.
Manufacturer and Design Information
- Designed by Bill Dixon and built in 1986 by Marine Projects, Plymouth.