£ 79,950 VAT Paid
- Year 2004
- Length 32.61 ft | 9.94 m
- Beam 3.3 meter
- Max Draft 1.55 meter
- Engine Volvo Penta 2030
This Degero 331DS was built in 2004 and as Practical Boat Owner stated ' she's beautifully finished and built with great attention to detail both inside and out for those seeking a respectable sailing performance.'
For those looking at the other Scandinavian wheel house cruisers, Nauticat and Nordship the Degero stands shoulder to shoulder in comparison and fly's the flag for Finnish boat building as seen in Swans and Baltic Yachts.
Degero 331 DS ; Built in 2004 and a fine example of the well-mannered and extremely seaworthy cruiser from Degero Yachts of Finland.
Comprehensive specification includes epoxy treatment, copper coated, cabin heating, holding tank, shore power, windlass, 3-Bladed folding propeller, self-tailing winches and a teak interior.
'Adagio' is well worth viewing, a lovely deck saloon sailing cruiser.
SPAR AND SAILS:
- Selden aluminium deck stepped single spreader mast boom and rod kicker.
- Stainless. Steel. standing rigging with backstay tensioner via block tackle on split stays.
- Furlex furling headsail system.
- Fully battened mainsail with 3 single-line slab reefs.
- Mainsail track with adjustable car.
- Storm jib and cruising chute.
- Genoa tracks with cars.
- 2 x Anderson self-tailing genoa sheet winches.
- 2 x Anderson self-tailing winches at mast.
- Anderson self-tailing main sheet winch aft in cockpit.
White GRP hull, deck and coach roof with blue waterline and decals. Hull epoxied from new and copper coated.
Lofrans electric windlass with bow roller, anchor and 50 m of chain. Anchor Chum (or angel).
Anchor locker with stowage for 2 x gas bottles.
Stern mounted stainless steel equipment gantry. Bathing platform with transom mounted boarding ladder with teak treads. Teak insert toe rail.
Wheel steering in cockpit and at internal helm position.
MECHANICAL & GENERAL
- 3 x 12 v batteries, one engine start battery 2 domestic, charged from engine alternator via Mastervolt automatic battery charger. (Batteries new 2012)
- Battery monitoring system
- Shore power
- 3-bladed folding propeller
- Volvo Penta 29hp diesel engine
- 12v socket at helm position
- Electric wipers to forward facing windows
- Eberspacher D3 3-outlet cabin heating
- Halogen lighting
- Solar panel
- Spare anchor
- Complete engine service kit
- Binnacle mounted steering compass
- Simrad RD68 VHF with DSC
- Simrad wind, log & depth
- Simrad Autohelm AP16 MLD200 AC10 RFC35
- Raymarine 'A' series colour chart plotter
- AIS receiver
- NX300 Navtex
- Furuno 1715 radar
- Lifebuoy & sling
- Forward V-berth cabin, storage below and hatch to deck.
- Heads with hand pumped marine toilet, washbasin, shower with tray and pump, pressurised H&C water and wet locker.
- Galley to starboard with gimballed 2-burner cooker with oven & grill.
- Isotherm refrigerator,
- Twin stainless steel sinks with pressurised H&C water,
- seawater foot pump,
- Cabin heating.
Portside of the galley area, single pilot berth with lockers.
Raised saloon with u-shaped seating to port, portside beneath seating lies a pilot berth with wardrobe at its head (accessed from galley level) , double leafed saloon table. Starboard internal helm position nav storage, equipment and engine instrumentation on switch panel.
Double aft cabin adjacent to companionway with good headroom, stowage and hanging locker.
Teak interior, Nautical blue upholstery and cream curtains, teak & holly flooring.
Dedicated 5th berth ( as mentioned previously under saloon ) - and 6 berths if you include the saloon settee.
What the experts say...
Practical Boat Owner. March 2004
- "Do you want a deck-Saloon cruiser that's built by hand to an unusually high standard? Finland is a good place to start looking"...The Degero 331 DS deserves a place on what can only be a very short list, one that will quite likely feature two other Scandinavian designs, her compatriot, the Nauticat 321 and the Nordship 35 from Denmark".
- "Like them she's beautifully finished and built with great attention to detail both inside and out."
- Designed for Living; "In Finland, it's by no means uncommon for people to move aboard their boats for the whole summer. As a result, the Degero features five ventilators, plenty of lights - including reading lights at the head of each berth - and three generous hanging lockers."
- "The Finns, it seems appreciate a fresh interior, the ability to see what they're doing after dark, and space to hang their clothes and waterproofs."
"Many builders could look and learn."
"Other neat features include a hinge-down work surface over the single berth to port below the saloon."
"Lockers, shelves and cubby holes are everywhere; no space is wasted."
"Although the quality of the woodwork is perhaps the most notable feature, the layout works particularly well..."
"There's a lot to like about this boat..."
YACHTING MONTHLY. Dec 2004
"With a short sailing season the Finns build their boats to be snug and safe in a big freeze, and sail them to the bitter edges. What works in Finland can work equally well in British waters..."
"After two excursions in the Degero 331 we concluded she is a thoroughly competent performer. The hull is willing and capable of good speed..."
"She tracks well, is steady on the helm and gentle and poised in awkward seas."
"Above all, when the weather is dark and dreary, the wheelhouse will keep you warm and dry."
"The boats are hand built and finely finished, coming with a long inventory of good quality kit. With all this taken into account it is easy enough to justify her high end price tag, particularly in view of the fact that there are very few boats of this type at this length, and those there are, also tend to be specialised, custom-built and equally as expensive."
Lucky is the sailor who can find such a well built and well thought out boat such as this. A boat that can extend your season, inspire a desire to get afloat when others have laid up - Longer sailing time = better value. Understanding this ensures understanding & appreciation of just what one will have in the Degaro 331 DS.
As reported by Yachting Monthly.
- RCD Category - A
- Stix No. 32.83
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.