£ 29,950 VAT Paid
- Year 1986
- Length 29.66 ft | 9.04 m
- Beam 2.92 meter
- Max Draft 1.39 meter
- Engine Beta / Kubota 25
This lovely Victoria 30 is a classic double-ender from Chuck Payne. A comfortable, safe and secure boat equaly happy coastal sailing or long distance passage making. New Beta 25hp engine fitted 2015. Wheel Steering, a good specification including Hydrovane steering and a purpose built yard trailer.
- LOA: 29' 8" / 9.04m
- LWL: 23' 4" / 7.11m
- Beam: 9' 7" / 1.92m
- Max Draft: 4' 7" / 1.39m
- Displacement: 9010 lbs / 4087kg
- Ballast: 4400 lbs / 1996kg.
- 48% ballast ratio.
Hull, Deck and Keel
- Lloyds spec - Cream GRP hull, deck and superstructure with canoe stern and dark blue upper stripe beneath teak toe-rails.
- Teak laid decks.
- Lead ballast encapsulated long keel. 48% ballast ratio.
- Whitlock wheel steering with Raymarine wheel mounted autopilot.
- All through hull seacocks checked and two new seacocks fitted in heads 2018.
Interior and Accommodation
A traditional layout with six berths in two cabins. High quality cabinetry and fitout.
Forecabin - with two single full-length berths converting to a double with an infill section. Opening deck hatch. Stowage.
Heads - aft of the fore-cabin, with marine toilet to starboard, with stainless steel hand basin adjacent with cold pressurised water and shower attachment, and a hanging locker immediately opposite to port.
Main saloon - with settee berths to port and starboard and an additional pilot berth to port with lee-cloths. Stowage shelves and locker to starboard. A large dining table is fitted, folding up to the forward bulkhead when not in use. Opening deck hatch and port lights.
- Professionally fitted bulkhead mounted Hampshire charcoal heater, protective stainless steel backing, with small stainless steel flue.
Galley - to port, aft of the saloon, with stainless steel sink, pressurised cold water, two cool box and Plastimo Atlantic cooker with hob, grill and oven. Ample stowage.
Navigation station - with chart table to starboard, aft of the saloon, with a quarter berth behind.
- New Radio/CD player.
- Bulkhead mounted Brass clock, barometer and temperature.
Deck and Deck Equipment
Comfortable, secure, cockpit area with an aft locker, including gas stowage, and a deep stowage locker to port. A safe easily navigated side deck secured by stainless steel pulpit / pushpit and double guard wires.
- Two Lewmar 30, two speed, self-tailing sheet winches and two Barient 17 self-tailing winches in cockpit.
- Two Barlow 15 winches and one Barient 8P winch at mast
Deck Gear -
- Plastimo inflatable dinghy, new 2017.
- Foredeck mounted SL Hyspeed anchor windlass along with 35lb CQR bow anchor and chain.
- New Para anchor ( unused ).
- Sprayhood with dodgers. By Saturn sails 2015
- Samson post on foredeck, plus midships and aft mooring cleats
- Mooring warps and fenders.
- Ensign and staff.
- New LED Deck and Masthead Nav lights 2017.
- New Raymarine ST 2000 Wheel mounted Auto Pilot.
- New Raymarine A57 Plotter with depth Transducer.
- New Standard Horizon DSC VHF radio with and AIS Receiver 2017.
- Spare VHF Antenna.
- New Furuno navtex with separate antenna on sternrail 2017.
- NEW Raymairine Dragonfly Plotter. Complete with Navionics whole of Europe and Atlantic Islands Chart card. Fitted at Nav station.
- Plastimo binnacle compass.
- Plastimo bulkhead mounted compass.
Rig and Sails
- Proctor aluminium alloy mast and boom, masthead rigged with single spreaders.
- Stainless steel standing rigging. New 2013/14.
- Colnebrook headsail reefing.
- Removeable inner forestay on detachable Highfield lever.
- Braid on Braid running rigging (renewed 2013/14).
- Hood Sails slab reefing mailsail with single line reefing. 3 reefing points. GC.
- Saturn Sails mainsail cover.
- Saturn Sails working jib, 2016. VGC.
- Saturn Sails storm jib, 2016. VGC.
- Saturn Sails tri-sail, 2016. VGC.
- Cruising chute, age unknown.
Mechanical / Electrics
- New 2015 Beta three-cylinder, 25hp - Marine diesel engine with stainless steel shaft drive with three-bladed propellor.
- New engine gearbox fitted 2018. Supplied by Beta Marine Bristol.
- Single lever engine control at helm position.
- New cutlass bearing ftted 2018
- MAYA has three Veta batteries wired in series, one dedicated for starting purposes. Two leisure batteries and one new starter battery 2015.
- New LED lights throughout 2017.
- Metered shore power.
- New battery charger fitted 2018.
Systems and Tankage
- Pressurised cold water system
- Fuel Tank - GRP: 12 gal / 55L
- Fresh Water Tank - Plastic: 33 gal / 150L
“The safety equipment listed below may not be serviced up to date at the point of sale and is sold “as is””
- New 2017, Ocean Safety 4 person liferaft in a canister. VGC.
- New LED deck and masthead nav lights.
- New LED deck working light.
- New Seame Radar enhanser mounted on rear rail. Control and audio warning at Nav station.
- Horseshoe lifebuoy.
- Fire extinguisher and fire blanket.
- Mast mounted Radar reflector.
- Jackstays and cockpit harness attachment points.
- Manual bilge pump.
- Parachute drogue/sea anchor with 100m of warp.
- A purpose built steel yard trailer in good condition accompanies the sale (worth cicra £1800).
- Hydrovane Self-Steering (worth circa £4,000)
Manufacturer and Design Information
First produced in the USA as the Leigh 30, the Victoria 30 was designed by Chuck Paine in 1979, as an unashamedly traditional small cruising yacht. Built in the UK from 1982 to the mid 1990s, they are faster than you might expect thanks to a fairly modern hull form, with a long keel added for directional stability. Unlike more traditional long-keelers with a 'wineglass' hullform, there is a clearly defined transition between hull body and keel.
'Yachting Monthly' described the design as ".... we were impressed by the speeds she attained" and ".... had the sure-footedness and easy motion that you associate with a well-shaped long-keeled yacht of medium displacement"