Sadler 26 - Sale Pending
£ 10,500 VAT Paid
- Year 1990
- Length 25.75 ft | 7.85 m
- Beam 2.74 meter
- Max Draft 1.07 meter
- Engine Volvo Penta 2001
Sadler has a long-standing reputation for British build quality and also being "Unsinkable". Nishinoseki has been professionally polished and has a new mainsail 2017 and recent roller furling headsail. 6 berths comprising 2 double berths & 2 single berths. Volvo Penta 2001,10hp diesel engine and transom/skeg hung rudder and steel bilge keels.
Dimensions and General Information
This Sadler 26 was designed by David Sadler and built by Sadler Yachts (UK) in 1990. Very popular family cruiser with good turn of speed and "unsinkable" foam-filled double skin hull. A single handed voyage from the UK to Venezuela and back was made in a Bilge keel 26 and they have circumnavigated the globe! A real go anywhere yacht just as suited to family cruising in local waters.
A "sinkability" test was carried out by Yachting journalists and with the sea cocks open and the water reaching equilibriam with the floation the boat was sailed back to harbour by her 3 crew, safe and sound and DRY!
- LOA - 7.85m / 25'9".
- LWL - 6.25m / 20'6".
- Beam - 2.74m / 9'5".
- Draft - 1.07m / 3'6" - Bilge Keels
- Displacement - 2177kg / 4800lb.
- Ballast - 907kg / 2,000lb.
- S/S fuel tank - 45L / 10gal.
- Water tank - 45L / 10gal
Hull / Construction
The hull deck and superstructure are all in white GRP. Hand laminated GRP hull with deck securely bonded to the hull and solid teak rubbing band. Deck has a non-slip pattern moulded into the surface and a full length GRP textured headlining. Steel bilge keels with a transom hung rudder and tiller steering in a self draining aft style cockpit.
- Topsides in good condition - Professionaly polished and new decals 2019.
- New antifouling - 25/5/19
- Last surveyed when the owner bought her in 2000.
- Epoxy coated in 2000 as an osmosis preventitive system - Silvers Marine.
- Always wintered ashore.
6 berths in total and the interior is finished in varnished wood and grey upholstery.
Forward cabin has a double berth in "V" with ample storage space beneath and good lighting provided by the forward hatch and cabin lighting.
Heads compartment is between the forward cabin and the saloon and features a Jabsco manual sea toilet cabin ligting and a hanging locker is to stbd.
Saloon has a dinette to port and settee which converts to a double berth. Single settee berth to stbd with trotter box (fwd). Ample storage space throughout the saloon in lockers and shelving.
Galley is "L" shaped and is to stbd aft in the saloon and features a Plastimo Neptune 2000 2 burner gas hob with oven and grill, top loading coolbox and a stainless steel sink with manual fresh cold water.
Quarter berth to port aft.
Powered by a Volvo Penta 2001 10hp single cylinder inboard marine diesel engine with shaft drive to a 3 blade fixed prop.
- Regularly serviced and now in commission for 2019 season. Engine is reported to run well and used lightly.
- Sea water cooled.
- Fuel consumption 1ltr/hour.
- Range approx 150nm.
- Morse lever throttle control.
The ships 12v electrical system is powered by 2 batteries and has a control panel on the saloon aft bulkhead above the engine. Batteries are in a locker beneath the quarter berth.
- 1 x 12v 85ah domestic battery - new 2017.
- 1 x 12v 85ah engine start battery - new 2017.
- Engine alternator charges batteries.
Deck and Deck Equipment
The easily navigated side decks lead from the cockpit to the spacious foredeck which is secured by a stainless steel pulpit, stainless steel and pvc coated guardwires which are supported by stainless steel stanchions and a stainless steel pushpit.
- 25lb Plough anchor with 15 fathoms of chain.
- 15lb plough kedge anchor.
- Single bow roller.
- 4 mooring cleats, 2 bow & 2 transom.
- Various warps.
- 2 fenders.
- Deck brush.
- Stainless steel boarding ladder stbd transom.
- Matching blue mainsail cover and sprayhood.
- Sprayhood by Nicolson Hughes new 2017.
- 2 x Lewmar 24 two speed manual winches.
- 2 x Lewmar 7 two speed manual winches.
- 2 winch handles.
- 10 rope clutches.
There is also a Seago 230 dinghy in good condition with oars, seat, pump and outboard bracket which is being sold by separate negotiation.
Mast, Rigging and Sails
Sloop rigged with silver aluminium mast and boom with single in-line spreaders all supported by stainless steel standing rigging.
- Standing rigging replaced 2012.
- Slab reefing on the mainsail.
- Furlex furling genoa with side tracks and cars.
- Fore sheets replaced in 2000.
- Main sheet replaced 2016.
Sail Inventory -
- Mainsail by Nicolson Hughes in terylene - new 2017.
- Furling Genoa by Westaway in terylene in serviceable condition - 2012.
- Bags for both sails.
- Garmin GPS 152.
- Raymarine ST1000+ Autopilot.
- Silva bulkhead compass.
- Manual bilge pump with handle.
- Dry powder fire extinguisher.
- Horshoe lifebuoy on transom.
- 2 lifejackets.
- 5 safety harnesses.
- Harness point in cockpit.
- Nav lights.
Owners comment - The yacht has always been stored ashore every winter with the rig down and she has been newly antifouled every spring. The engine has always been professionally serviced and winterised (incl. new filters and impeller).