Grand Banks 42 Classic
£ 249,995 VAT Paid
- Year 2003
- Length 43.21 ft | 13.17 m
- Beam 4.17 meter
- Max Draft 1.28 meter
- Engine Caterpillar 3126TA
This beautiful Grand Bank 42 Classic motor yacht is one of the later boats to be built in this long-running class. Grand Banks are synonymous with quality, understated style and sea keeping abilities. Ideal for a discerning couple looking for something special. This one is lovely..
Dimensions / General
- Year Built - 2003
- Date Commissioned - 2003
- Builder - Grand Banks Malaysia
- Hull # 45 - 1520
- LOA - 13.7m - 43' 3"
- LWL - 12.53m - 41' 1"
- Beam - 4.29m - 14' 1"
- Draft - 1.27m - 4' 2"
- Air-draft - 6.86m
- Displacement - 15422kg - 15.17 Ton
- Fuel - 2271L - 499.55Gal
- Water - 969L - 213Gal
- Holding tank - 189L - 41.57Gal
- Cruising Speed - 8 knots
- Maximum Speed - 16.5 knots
- Hull - GRP - White
- Superstructure - White
- Deck - LaidTeak
- Rudder - Twin
- Drive - Shaft to 4 blade bronze props with rope cutter.
- Steering - Wheel/Dual - Pilot House/Flybridge
- Custom made blinds shaped to windows
- Flybridge Bimini
Heavily constructed with solid Teak furniture and Beige/Oatmeal upholstery. There is plenty of light and ventilation in all cabins via many opening windows and hatches and good overhead lighting. Electric points throughout.
Internal overview - Owner's Stateroom aft with island double bed, en-suite heads and separate shower room. Twin berth cabin at bow with en-suite access to main heads with shower. The raised deck saloon/pilothouse is a real feature of these motor yachts with panoramic views and houses the galley and helm position forward and sumptuous seating/dining area aft.
Spacious and homely with large windows giving a panoramic view. Entertainment cabinet aft to port with hidden TV and sound systems. Also to port is a bench seat with infill where the port side door is.
Opposite is the main seating area which is 'L' shaped and deeply furnished with woven Beige/Oatmeal upholstered seating. Beautiful Teak Hi-Lo dining table with Holly inlaid decorative stripe and two occasional chairs with matching upholstery. An attractive dedicated drinks cabinet with shelf top is also to starboard with helm station forward.
Helm station - With double bench seat upholstered with the same material as the lounge and a folding footrest. The helm station has all the usual controls and instrumentation and a large wood ships style wheel.
- Teak Interior
- Grand Banks traditional Parquet wood flooring
- Oceanair Venetian blinds. Also with textured drawing curtains with blue detail
- Beige/Oatmeal fabric upholstery
- Eberspacher Cabin Heating (all cabins) with day timer control.
- Reverse cycle air condition (requires maintenance)
- Plastimo Clock and Barometer
- Cabin lighting & power sockets throughout
- BOSE surround sound system
- Clarion Stereo/CD player
- Sony VCR
- Sharp LCD TV on retracting stand. Manual system stowing inside the cabinet when not in use.
Galley -To port opposite helm station. A superb linear galley with an extensive Corian work surface. Twin sinks with pressurised hot & cold water system. Plenty of storage for provisions and cook wear. Going down into the forward cabin is the crockery cupboard close to hand with dedicated storage for plates etc..
- Combined cooker and electric grill.
- 2 burner gas hob.
- 2 plate induction hob.
- Large Waeco Coolmatic front loading fridge with MDC external control panel. The fridge also has an icebox.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Water filter
Stateroom - Aft Cabin
Wow, what a cabin! Large offset double island berth to starboard with long hullside shelf and drawer storage outboard. Opposite to port is a full cabin length 'L' shaped dressing table/office with a large surface area, plenty of drawer and locker storage and an occasional seat with featured upholstery. At the foot of the bed is a 3/4 and full height hanging locker with shelf and mirror. There is two individual reading lamps either side of the bed and one at the dressing table. Steps lead up to the saloon.
Heads - Stateroom - Aft Cabin
Large attractive heads compartment to port.
- Electric Toilet
- Sink with pressurised hot & cold water system via mixer tap.
- Mirror and storage for toiletries etc.
Shower - Stateroom - Aft Cabin
Large attractive shower room to starboard with Teak duck board, full height shower with mixer tap. locker for toiletries etc..
Forward cabin -
Super large 'V' shaped single berths with lockers underneath and individual reading lights. Large walk-in hanging locker to port and en-suite heads/shower to starboard. Under the steps is a door into the large engine compartment situated under the saloon floor.
Heads - Fwd Cabin
- Electric toilet
- Sink with pressurised hot & cold water system via mixer tap.
- Storage for toiletries etc..
- Teak Duck board.
2 x Caterpillar 3126TA 6cyl, 350hp shaft driven diesel engines to 4 blade bronze props with rope cutters.
The engines are situated under the main saloon floor with access via large floor panels and door from forward cabin. The engine compartment is a good size making it easy to work on the engines.
- Last engine service March 2018
- 2 x Panish morse controls for engines at helm with throttle and gear
- 2 x Panish more controls at flybridge
- Engine Hours - 1300 each
- Hydraulic Steering with steering positions in the pilothouse and flybridge
- Jabsco electric oil changer
- Glendinning dual station synchroniser
- Bennett dual station Trim Tabs
- Sleipner side power bow thruster
- Oman Generator 7KW - 200 hours
- Engine monitoring at main helm
- Various spares
- Domestic, Engine start and bow thruster batteries
- 240v shore power with dock cable
- Battery charger
- 12v interior lighting
- 240v power sockets in cabins
Flybridge style yacht with lovely wide side decks. Side boarding gates, solid rail and bullwork. Good sized foredeck and aft deck with raised deck over the aft cabin giving access to the flybridge. All Teak covered and in good condition.
Flybridge - Good sized and easily accessed with 'L' shaped seating for 8 and table. Cream vinyl cushions (stored ashore) plus blue covers for all seating.
- Helm station
- Isotherm, refrigerated drawer fridge
- Dodgers in Navy Sunbrella canvas
- Flybridge Cover in Navy Sunbrella canvas
- Lewmar electric winch on mast
- 'L' shaped settee with table and table cover
Deck Gear -
- Avon RIB with a cover in Navy Sunbrella canvas
- Yamaha 15hp outboard
- Topping Lift for Dinghy which stores on a raised aft deck on fitted chocks
- Electric dinghy hoist
- Lofrans 1200W Electric anchor windlass with warping drum. Operates by local foot controls and remotely from helm
- Double bowrollers
- 45lb CQR anchor with 50m chain
- 35lb CQR kedge anchor with 50m warp
- 4 x mooring cleats at each - fwd, midships and aft
- Plenty of fenders & mooring lines
Navigation and Electronics
- Icom VHF DSC - Wheel Station and Flybridge
- VHF Cockpit Speaker
- Raymarine 10" RL80C Pathfinder Radar / Chart plotter - Wheel Station and Flybridge
- Raymarine 7" L760 Plus Sounder / Chart plotter - Wheel Station and Flybridge
- Dual Raymarine GPS (Standard & Emergency)
- Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot
- Raymarine ST600R remote autopilot controller
- Raymarine Speed / Log - Wheel Station and Flybridge
- Raymarine Wind - Wheel Station and Flybridge
- Ritchie magnetic compass - Wheel Station and Flybridge
- Lower Helm ICS Navtext
- 10 Man Life Raft - serviced 2016 (3 years) available or a choice of a 6 man life raft if preferred but may require service
- Lifesaving Deck Equipment
- Engine Room automatic fire extinguishers plus a manual foam extinguisher
- Fireboy Xintex carbon monoxide and smoke alarms in all cabins
- Pilot gas alarm
- 11 Fire Extinguishers serviced- January 2018
- Automatic Life Jackets - Serviced February 2018
- Hull Anti-Fouled - March 2018
- Engines serviced - March 2018
- Fuel Tanks Cleaned - 2018