Moody 33 MkI
£ 19,950 VAT Paid
- Year 1979
- Length 32.97 ft | 10.05 m
- Beam 3.49 meter
- Max Draft 1.35 meter
- Engine Thornycroft 90 1.5L
The Moody 33 is a well thought of cruising yacht with good sailing qualities and good accommodation. There are 7 berths in two separate cabins. The saloon offers a good galley and large heads. The boat has a good deep cockpit and is a safe family boat. This is a Mk1 version which has been very well maintained throughout and is well worth viewing. The photographs are recent and show how well she has been looked after.
Dimensions / General Information
Designed by Angus Primrose and built by Marine Projects in 1979.
- LOA 10.05m.
- Draft 1.35m.
- Beam 3.49m.
- Discplacement - 4772kg / 10522 lbs.
- Ballast - 1730kg / 3815lbs
Hull / Construction / Maintenance
- The hull is GRP and painted Burgundy as per the photo's.paintedin red GRP.
- The deck and superstructure are in off white GRP.
- Fin keel with skeg hung rudder.
- Wheel steering.
- Deep secure centre style cockpit with separate aft cabin.
- Engine overhauled 2019 along with fuel system.
- British Waterways canal safety certificate is up to date and all systems compliant 2019.
Forecabin - V berth with infill forming a large double berth. Good general storage, large central deck hatch and two small opening hatches for light and ventiation.
Heads - Situated between the forecabin and saloon and extending across the full width of the vessel. Marine heads to stbd and sink to port; the heads are very large and have H & C water and shower.
Saloon Area - To stbd is a good sized U shaped seating area with table which lowers to form a double berth. Opposite the seating is the Galley with 2 burner cooker with oven, sink with H & C water and a Coleman chest type fridge. Aft of the galley is the quarter berth and chart table; the chart table stows neatly when not in use but large and practicle.
- New cooker 2014.
- New Calorifier with immersion heater 2014.
Aft Cabin - Accesed from the cockpit is a separate aft cabin with two good sized single berths and a central vanity area.
The interior of the boat has been well maintained over her years and she benefits from recent upholstery and original unspoilt timberwork.
- Ebersbacher 4kw heating system (2015).
- Tevion CD / Radio.
- Nauticalia brass clock and barometer (high Quality).
Thronycroft 37hp marine diesel engine with shaft drive to a 3 blade fixed prop.
- Fresh & sea water cooled via Bowman heat exchanger.
- Engine rebuilt 2018.
- 2 engine hours.
- Engine serviced by knowlegable owner. Always winterised including oil change when laying up.
The 12v ships electrical system is controlled from a switch panel in the saloon and is powered by 3 batteries.
- BEP Marine switch panel, rewired 2018.
- 1 x 12v 110ah engine start battery.
- 2 x 12v domestic batteries.
- Lucas 110ah alternator charges batteries.
- Sterling 20amp battery charger (2018).
- Shore power with cable.
- 60ah engine alternator.
Spars / Rigging / Sails
Proctor silver anodised mast and boom which is supported by stainless steel standing rigging.
- Standing rigging replaced 2018.
- Z-Spars roller reefing system and new forestay 2014.
- Roller reefing boom.
- Spinnaker pole.
Sails Inventory -
- Owen Main in good condition.
- Owen furling Genoa in good condition (2013).
- Spinnaker little used in very good condition (2013).
Deck and Deck Equipment
Easily navigated wide sidedecks lead to the spacious foredeck which is secured by a stainless steel pulpit, alloy stanchions and double stainless steel guardwires and stainless steel quarter pushpits.
- SL Electric anchor windlass with Up & Down foot controls.
- 35lb CQR anchor with 90m galvanised calibrated chain (40 fathoms).
- As new Whitlock steerling pedastel with morse control gear and throttle lever. Stainless steel whitlock wheel with leather cover.
- Sprayhood in good condition (New 2014).
- Avon Redcrest dinghy (by separate negotiation).
- 3 x mast winches,
- 2 x Harken two speed self tailing Genoa sheet winches. New 2015
- Roller reefing headsail winch.
- NASA echosounder (2016).
- NASA speed & log (2016).
- NASA wind instruments (2018).
- Autohelm ST4000 autopilot.
- SAILOR S.P Radio TYPE R109.
- Shore Line Compact WR VHF.
- Garmin GPS120.
- Cetrec binnacle compass.
- Deck and masthead navigation lighting.
- Various Fire Extinguishers (may need servicng).
- Fire Blanket.
- Fog Horn.
- Deck and masthead navigation lights.
This is a fantastic opportunity to obtain a well cared for iconic yacht at a sensible price. The current owner is very experienced and has maintained the yacht well.