Moody 33 MkI
£ 19,950 VAT Paid
- Year 1979
- Length 33.01 ft | 10.06 m
- Beam 3.49 meter
- Max Draft 1.35 meter
- Engine Thornycroft 90 1.5L
The Moody 33 is well thought of cruising yacht with good sailing qualities and good accommodation. There are 7 berths in two separate cabins. The saloon offers a good galley and large heads. The boat has a good deep cockpit and is a safe family boat. This is a Mk1 version which has been very well maintained throughout and is well worth viewing.
She is booked in to be repainted so if you are quick you can choose the colour!
Dimensions / General Information
Designed by Angus Primrose and built by Marine Projects in 1979.
- LOA - 10.06m.
- Draft - 1.35m.
- Beam - 3.49m.
- Discplacement - 4772kg / 10522 lbs.
- Ballast - 1730kg / 3815lbs
Hull / Construction / Maintenance
- The hull is GRP and painted Burgundy as per the photo's.painted in red GRP.
- The deck and superstructure are in off white GRP.
- Fin keel with skeg hung rudder.
- Wheel steering.
- Deep secure centre style cockpit with separate aft cabin.
- Engine overhauled 2019 along with fuel system.
- British Waterways canal safety certificate is up to date and all systems compliant 2019.
Forecabin - V berth with infill forming a large double berth. Good general storage, large central deck hatch and two small opening hatches for light and ventiation.
Heads - Situated between the forecabin and saloon and extending across the full width of the vessel. Marine heads to stbd and sink to port; the heads are very large and have H & C water and shower.
Saloon Area - To stbd is a good sized U shaped seating area with table which lowers to form a double berth. Opposite the seating is the Galley with 2 burner cooker with oven, sink with H & C water and a Coleman chest type fridge. Aft of the galley is the quarter berth and chart table; the chart table stows neatly when not in use but large and practicle.
- New cooker 2014.
- New Calorifier with immersion heater 2014.
Aft Cabin - Accesed from the cockpit is a separate aft cabin with two good sized single berths and a central vanity area.
The interior of the boat has been well maintained over her years and she benefits from recent upholstery and original unspoilt timberwork.
- Ebersbacher 4kw heating system (2015).
- Tevion CD / Radio.
- Nauticalia brass clock and barometer (high Quality).
Thronycroft 37hp marine diesel engine with shaft drive to a 3 blade fixed prop.
- Fresh & sea water cooled via Bowman heat exchanger.
- Engine rebuilt 2018.
- 2 engine hours.
- Engine serviced by knowledgeable owner. Always winterised including oil change when laying up.
The 12v ships electrical system is controlled from a switch panel in the saloon and is powered by 3 batteries.
- BEP Marine switch panel, rewired 2018.
- 1 x 12v 110ah engine start battery.
- 2 x 12v domestic batteries.
- Lucas 110ah alternator charges batteries.
- Sterling 20amp battery charger (2018).
- Shore power with cable.
- 60ah engine alternator.
Spars / Rigging / Sails
Proctor silver anodised mast and boom which is supported by stainless steel standing rigging.
- Standing rigging replaced 2018.
- Z-Spars roller reefing system and new forestay 2014.
- Roller reefing boom.
- Spinnaker pole.
Sails Inventory -
- Owen Main in good condition.
- Owen furling Genoa in good condition (2013).
- Spinnaker little used in very good condition (2013).
Deck and Deck Equipment
Easily navigated wide sidedecks lead to the spacious foredeck which is secured by a stainless steel pulpit, alloy stanchions and double stainless steel guardwires and stainless steel quarter pushpits.
- SL Electric anchor windlass with Up & Down foot controls.
- 35lb CQR anchor with 90m galvanised calibrated chain (40 fathoms).
- As new Whitlock steerling pedastel with morse control gear and throttle lever. Stainless steel whitlock wheel with leather cover.
- Sprayhood in good condition (New 2014).
- Avon Redcrest dinghy (by separate negotiation).
- 3 x mast winches,
- 2 x Harken two speed self tailing Genoa sheet winches. New 2015
- Roller reefing headsail winch.
- NASA echosounder (2016).
- NASA speed & log (2016).
- NASA wind instruments (2018).
- Autohelm ST4000 autopilot.
- SAILOR S.P Radio TYPE R109.
- Shore Line Compact WR VHF.
- Garmin GPS120.
- Cetrec binnacle compass.
- Deck and masthead navigation lighting.
- Various Fire Extinguishers (may need servicng).
- Fire Blanket.
- Fog Horn.
- Deck and masthead navigation lights.
This is a fantastic opportunity to obtain a well cared for iconic yacht at a sensible price. The current owner is very experienced and has maintained the yacht well.