£ 42,000 VAT Paid
- Year 2004
- Length 40.45 ft | 12.33 m
- Beam 3.87 meter
- Max Draft 2 meter
- Engine Volvo Penta MD2030D
This Bavaria 38 is a 3 cabin layout with 8 berths in total comprising 4 double berths and she has a linear galley and single heads. She has been well maintained by her current owner is coded for charter (renewed 2019 - valid for 5 years) and has many recent upgrades. She can easily be sailed short-handed and is ideal for coastal or extended cruising.
- LOA - 12.33m.
- LWL - 10.25m.
- Beam - 3.87m.
- Draft - 2.0m.
- Displacement (fully laden) 8,533kg.
- Ballast - 2100kg
Hull, Deck and Keel
- The hull deck and superstructure are all in white GRP.
- Easily navigated wide side decks which lead to the spacious foredeck which is all secured by a stainless steel pulpit, stanchions and double guard wires with stainless steel quarter pushpits.
- Deep fin keel with lead ballast.
- Wheel steering in an aft style cockpit.
- Rudder bearings replaced 2014.
Interior and Accommodation
8 berths in total comprising 4 double berths in 3 cabins plus the Saloon.
- Blue Upholstery - Re-upholstered 2010.
- Mahogany Interior.
- Double berth in "V" and bench seat.
- Ample storage space including a hanging locker.
Heads - to port between the aft cabin and the saloon.
- Jabsco toilet.
- Washbasin with hot and cold pressurised water.
- Shower with hot and cold pressurised water.
- Wet locker.
Linear Galley - to port in the saloon
- Techimpex LT20 gas cooker with two burners/oven - 2014.
- 2 x stainless steel sinks with pressurised hot and cold water.
- Waeco Coolmatic fridge with coolbox.
- Good storage space in various shelves, drawers and lockers.
Saloon seating - Opposite the galley there is a full dining area with seating surrounding a full oval table and there is stowage under bunks etc. The settee can be used as a single berth or the table can be lowered to convert to a double berth.
- Blue upholstery - Re-upholstered 2010.
- Mahogany Interior.
- Eberspacher D4 cabin heating in all cabins.
- LED/Halogen 12v lighting.
- Clock & barometer.
Aft Cabins - There are two identical aft cabins with large double berths and good storage in hanging lockers and shelf lockers.
- Double bow roller.
- Lofrans Cayman 88 electric anchor windlass with warping drum and remote control.
- CQR 20kg anchor with 50m of 10mm chain.
- Stainless steel anchor swivel 2019.
- 6 warps.
- 6 mooring cleats.
- 8 fenders.
- 8 Spinlock rope clutches.
- Additional Spinlock rope clutch added for 3rd reefing point.
- Mooring strop.
- Transom mounted Davis davits.
- Stainless steel boarding ladder.
- Hot & cold deck shower.
- 2 Harken 40 2 speed self-tailing manual winches.
- 2 Harken 44 2 speed self-tailing manual winches.
- 2 winch handles.
- Standard Horizon GX2000 DSC/AIS VHF radio - 2009.
- VHF cockpit speaker - 2009.
- AIS Cat B GPS - Digital Electronics AIT 1000 - 2011.
- Raymarine course computer - 2004.
- Raymarine ST60 echosounder - 2004.
- Raymarine ST6001 autopilot - 2004 - with new Navpod (2019).
- Raymarine ST60 compass - 2004.
- Raymarine ST60 speed & log - 2004.
- Raymarine A98 Chartplotter (touch sensitive) at wheel - 2019 with 3yr warranty.
- Raymarine ST60 wind speed/direction - 2004.
- Raymarine chart plotter at nav station - 2011.
- Broad range Navtex antenna 2019.
- AIS Cat B & Comar Splitter - Digital Electronics AIT1000/VHF Splitter - 2011.
- Navico Axix 200 waterproof handheld VHF - 2004.
Rig and Sails
Fractional sloop rig with alloy spars by Selden supported by stainless steel standing rigging.
- Stainless steel standing rigging 2014.
- Braid on braid running rigging 2014.
- Slab reefing on the main with a single line from the cockpit.
- Selden furling system on the genoa.
- Selden Rodkicker 2019.
- Stack pack.
- Lazy jacks.
- Spinnaker halyard.
- Pole uphaul.
- 2nd genoa halyard.
- Main 1 - Elvstrom 2004 - Fair - 37.6 sq metres.
- Main 2 - 2009 - Good - 37.6 sq metres.
- Genoa 1 with UV - Elvstrom - 2004 - Fair - 45.8 sq metres.
- Genoa 2 with UV - 2011 - Good.
Machinery and Propulsion
Powered by a Volvo Penta MD2030D 29hp inboard marine diesel engine with sail drive to a 3 blade fixed prop.
- Engine hours 2500 approx, will go up.
- Engine serviced including oil, oil seals & coolant 2019.
- Prop shaft seals replaced 2019.
- Parker Racor Turbine Filter - 2019.
- Engine repainted in Volvo Green.
- Single morse throttle control.
- Freshwater cooling.
- Fuel consumption approx 2ltr per hour.
- Range circa 375nm.
Systems and Tankage
- Eberspacher D4 cabin heating in all cabins.
- Pressurised Hot and Coldwater system with calorifier, heated via shore power or engine heat exchanger.
- Fuel - 150ltr stern stbd side.
- Freshwater 2 x 150ltr - one in the bow and one in the stern port side.
- Black Water - 80ltr.
- 12v ships electrical system.
- 2 x 150ah Yusa deep cycle DCB-1275 batteries - 2019.
- 12v 55ah engine start battery 2011.
- High power 120amp engine alternator 2019.
- Victron 240v twin battery bank charger.
- Sterling battery/engine management system.
- Sterling charge regulator 2019 and doubled diode charge distributor.
- Victron Pheonix Multi 12 800VA 35amp inverter.
- Rutland Marlec 913i wind turbine 2019.
- Seven 240v mains outlets in all cabins, galley, chart table, saloon and heads.
- Halogen overhead lighting.
- Bluetooth JVC stereo & CD player - 2015.
- A DVD player with a flatscreen.
- Mainsail cover.
- Sprayhood - new windows in 2018.
- Spray dodgers.
“The safety equipment listed below may not be serviced up to date at the point of sale and is sold “as is”
- Manual bilge pump.
- Electric bilge pump.
- 7 fire extinguishers 2019.
- Automatic fire extinguisher 2019.
- Carbon monoxide alarm.
- 2 smoke alarms.
- A gas safety certificate 2019.
- Flares 2018.
- 3 harness points in the cockpit.
- 2 lifebuoys with lights & drogues.
- Navigation lights - bicolour, stern white, tricolour, steaming and anchor light at the mast.
- Fridell radar reflector.
By separate negotiation -
- 10 lifejackets - serviced 2018.
- 10 harnesses.
- Honda 2.2 outboard 2004.
- Ocean Safety 8 man Life raft (2018).
- CQR 20kg kedge anchor with 10m of 8mm chain.
- Shore Cradle.
- Storm Jib.
Manufacturer and Design Information
- Built by Bavaria Yachts (GER) in 2004 and designed by J & J Design.
Jay has had a comprehensive seasonal refit over the winter of 2018/2019 and she has now been launched and is on a mooring in Oban for the season.
The specification has been updated with all new equipment.
The following additional maintenance has been completed:
- Hull polished.
- New antifoul applied.
- Sails laundered & serviced.
- Fuel tank emptied, new internal inspection hatch added and tank cleaned internally.