Iroquois Mk 1
£ 9,995 VAT Paid
- Year 1966
- Length 29.99 ft | 9.14 m
- Beam 3.96 meter
- Max Draft 1.63 meter
- Engine Yamaha 9.9AEH
This Iroquois Catamaran he has been with her current owners for approximately ten years, during which she has been refurbished, repainted externally and has had one or two additional systems installed for ease of single-handed or short-handed sailing. Mohawk was surveyed in March 2017 with a favourable report.
The price being asked means this boat is a real opportunity for someone. Don't be the one to miss out!
Dimensions / General
This is a shining example of an Iroquois Mk1, lovingly maintained and looking like it. This boat won the Round Britain race overall although doesn't sport her original taller rig. She is now perfectly set up for cruising!
Mohawk is a standard Iroquois catamaran, with shallow draft extending with centerboards which are operated by tackles port and starboard and pivots down through the main casings to increase the vessel's draft and performance.
Although designed and built-in 1966, these vessels have long and slender hulls associated with a performance catamaran.
Catamarans are suited to longer distance sailing and are good bluewater boats. However, with a shallow draft Mohawk would also be good for coastal sailing, ideal along the West Coast of Scotland.
- GRP hull - Newly painted with two-pack in white.
- Deck & Cockpit - Newly painted in non-slip light blue
- LOA - 30' - 9.14m
- Beam - 13' - 3.96
- Airdraft - 44' - 13.41m
- Draft - 1'5" or 5'4" with a drop keel
- Rudder - Transom Hung/Twin
- Steering - Tiller
- Fuel Tanks - 2 - 44 litres - Fibreglass
- Water Tank - 1 - cira 20 gallons - Fibreglass
Interior and Accommodation
Eight berths or 6 good sized. Two forward, two aft (small doubles) and a convertible Saloon with 6'6" headroom in each cabin.
- Mini Catalytic Heater
- Plastimo Clock/Barometer
- 12V Cabin Lighting
- 4 x Solar Powered Ventilation Vents
- Linear Galley
- Two Fibreglass Sinks
- Fresh Cold Water Supply
- New Jabsco manual toilet
- Two Washbasins with Manual Coldwater system
Mast, Rigging and Sails
- Fractional rigged sloop with silver anodised aluminium spars
- Standing Rigging - 2007
- Rotostay IV roller reefing headsail system.
- 2 point slab reefing mainsail.
- Running Rigging - Braid-On-Braid - 2016.
- Mainsail Cover.
- Lazy Jacks.
- Mainsail - Satun - 2008 - High Tenacity Dacron 7.52 - Good
- Genoa - Saturn - 2008 - High Tenacity dacron 4.46 - Good
- Storm Jib - Unused.
Mechanical and Electrical
Engine - Yamaha 9.9 AEH 9.9hp Petrol shaft driven 2 cylinder outboard engine
- Last Service - March 2017
- Fuel Consumption - 2-3 Miles per litre
- Propeller - Three Blade Fixed.
- Two 12v 85 Amp/h Batteries - both can be used via isolating switches to start the engine or provide service.
Navigation and Electronics
- M-Tech MT.500 VHF - 2007 - Port Bulkhead
- Garmin GPS60 - 2007 - Saloon
- NASA Stringray Echosounder - 2009 - Saloon
- Simrad TP10 Autopilot - 2007 - Cockpit
- Plastimo Contest 101 Compass - 2013 - Cockpit
- NASA Clipper Wind Direction - 2013 - Cockpit
- NASA Clipper Wind Speed - 2013 - Cockpit
- Mistral 5 Watt handheld VHF
Deck Gear -
- 8 x 10mm Polyester Warps
- 6 x Mooring Cleats - 4 forward and 2 aft
- 8 x Fenders
- Boarding Ladder
- 2 single guardrails
- 2 bow rollers
- Screen Cover - Acrylic
- Plough 35lb Anchor with 30 x 6mm chain
- Bruce 9kgs Anchor
- Two Bow Rollers
- Two Aluminium Winches - Single Speed are fitted to the rear of coachroof - age unknown.
“The safety equipment listed below may not be serviced up to date at the point of sale and is sold “as is”
- Seago Manual Gas Inflation Liferaft - 2007 - may require service
- Sea Anchor - unused
- Bilge Pump - manual
- 2 Fire Extinguisher - may require service
- Manual Air Horn
By Separate negotiation
- Avon Soft Tail 9' Dinghy